Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
gondrej

Default New Gulf Stream Owners

Ealier this week we picked up our brand new 2010 GulfStream Gulf Breeze 26 RLS. This is our second travel trailer, our previous one was a 1996 Sun Lite something or another we bought used a few years ago. We tent camped prior to owning the '96. Quite honestly, the new trailer is a POS, but so were all the others we looked at in our price range. I affectionally call it a POS because we know we can not expect a quality custom build home on wheels for what we can pay. We do like many things about the GS GB. One is the floor plan and the quality, from what we could see, was not worse than most other manufactuers products. Another is the full size shower instead of a rinky dink bathtub/shower combo. Also the interior fabric is less horrible than many. Although it is a POS we are proud of it and know what we were getting into when we bought it. We are going on our first camping trip next week and are very excited. This trip will give an opportunity to find both the little and major things that we will need to get corrected ASAP.
gondrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
gondrej

We leave this evening for our maiden voyage in our new Gulf Breeze.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
CampWinican

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new trailer! Looking on the Gulfstream site I see the GB 26 RKS but no 26 RLS so I assume yours is similar to the RKS - looks nice!

We, too, did not expect too much from our trailer given the price we paid for it new but were impressed by the fit and finish when compared to others in the same price range - and we shopped around for a good year before we bought!

Now, after 5 years of service, we are still pleased with the trailer and feel that it was a very good buy.

Hope you have a great time on your maiden voyage and be sure to report back on how it goes!
CampWinican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
bob3nliz

Send a message via Yahoo to bob3nliz
Default Welcome

Enjoy Take things ONE at a time and still have FUN BobnLiz
bob3nliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
gondrej

Thanks for the welcome. You did not find the 26RLS, my fingers goofed, it is a 28RLS. See the floorplan here http://www.gulfstreamrvtrailers.com/gs/ ... t_Towables .

We had a great time this past weekend on our maiden voyage. No major problems, just a few small ones that will be easier to fix ourselves instead of taking it back to the dealer. We did come home a day early though. The drought in Central Texas ends on the weekend we go camping. As much as we love the trailer, we were tired of sitting in it after 3 days of rain. We did find out the trailer does not leak, so that is a good thing. I don't mind, because believe me, we needed the rain. We are planning another trip in a few weeks.