Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
exjay

Default New 248BH owner..leak proofing

Just got a new 248BH Amerilite Friendship. Previously owned a Jayco Jayfeather 165 and learned about leaks and lack of maintenace on a camper from the PO and dealing with the results/repairs. Anyways, first thing I did after bringing the 248 home was re-Dicore everything on the roof, re-silicone any questionable areas on the siding ends/joints, around all lights and bottom screw heads on botom siding panels, apply spray on undercoating the wheelwells, sprayfoam seal all floor openings for pipes/wires, apply light coat of undercoating on tarp type enclosure underneigth and under diamond plating where it meets the floor to help with vehicle spray, and tighten all drains under sinks/tub (found less that hand tight), the windows look pretty well sealed but do need to snug up the storage doors some for a tighter fit. Anything else I may want to check/seal up? Doing a mini camp inthe driveway soon to really check everything over before storing for the winter. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:29 AM   #2
jol

Default Re: New 248BH owner..leak proofing

What an excellent idea. I did have some loose fittings on bathroom sink and found them. Never thought about resealing dicor etc but did at least check to make sure it was good. I see some checking coming on my way.
jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #3
exjay

Around the antennas and at the very rear of the roof line is where I found Dicor stretched prety thin from the factory. Something I did find while it was pretty closed up inside and dark, open up the bed storage etc and look for daylight peeking through any gaps etc from the closed pass through storage doors, wheelwells etc and re-seal as needed.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
atreis

I checked mine over the day after getting it home even though the roof was clearly not leaking. (It was pouring the day I picked it up, which was convenient in that respect.) I added some dicor in a couple spots where it was thin anyway. It's good to do early - it only sticks to a very clean surface.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:29 PM   #5
mike121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol
What an excellent idea. I did have some loose fittings on standard narrow Pedestal Sink and found them. Never thought about resealing dicor etc but did at least check to make sure it was good. I see some checking coming on my way.
Hi
Start by tightening up all of your connections and compression nuts with a wrench. If the pipes are still leaking, it's time to address blockages. Use an auger to make sure everything is draining properly. Finally, if this fails, corrosion has probably set in and you'll need to replace the P-trap.
mike121 is offline   Reply With Quote