Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-18-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
RJ82much

Default Engine battery

The first time I took my unit in for repair, including reported dead engine battery, dealer "inspected" & said nothing was wrong.

The 2nd time I took my unit in for repair, including reported dead engine battery, dealer "inspected" & said nothing was wrong. Said there was a number of things I did wrong. They had checked & determined there was no "ghost" power leakage... I just need to stop doing things wrong.

The 3rd time I took my unit in for repair, including reported dead engine battery, I wasn't so pleasant. Well imagine this: this time they found my battery was defective! And agreed that since the previous year's chassis is used, that the workhorse & battery sit out in the lot for months & months without being recharged. -probably went bad then. Oh, OK, whatever.

A new, NAPA 700CCA battery is now installed. I'm assuming that it will crap the bed in no time at all. What make & capacity battery is supplied as original equipment? I forgot to look before it dissapeared.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
tourmaster1

Default Re: Engine battery

RJ82much, I can't tell you what was used as original equipment on your coach, but generally speaking I haven't seen too many good batteries as OE on most coaches. Or are you just asking so that you can avoid that brand in the future?

I have resigned myself to changing batteries every couple of years. I work them pretty hard and, having had batteries die on the road just once, think that the extra expense is good insurance.

My current coach has Interstates that were put in new by the dealer. I'm not terribly impressed with them and will probably choose something else when I replace them in 2008. Assummung they last that long, of course.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ82much
The first time I took my unit in for repair, including reported dead engine battery, dealer "inspected" & said nothing was wrong.

A new, NAPA 700CCA battery is now installed. I'm assuming that it will crap the bed in no time at all. What make & capacity battery is supplied as original equipment? I forgot to look before it dissapeared.
tourmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote