Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #121
oldsnapper

Default I did

I did the complete install myself. Could not find anyone capable within driving distance.
oldsnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:03 PM   #122
Stevejo

I am thinking about switching my rear dual tire set up to a super single. What off set did you go with on your rig and can you post pictures?
Stevejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #123
oldsnapper

Default Still have dualies

I kept the 3 year old Continental rear tires. Would never think of changing.
oldsnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:07 AM   #124
Stevejo

After reading all the posts about air ride systems I went with ACS model 810. Kelderman system only has one air valve and they told me both bags had to be the same air pressure. I was worried about a possible lean that I read about some people having so I went with the ACS system with two air valves. I have it at Sawyers in Saginaw for the install. They would not give me a quote on labour so I am hoping it wont be too bad. I was thinking of also going with a super single rear but being from Traverse city Mi I am sure I will have to drive on a little snow or ice from time to time so I am not sure about traction issues would love to hear about anyones experience with rear super singles.
Stevejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:09 AM   #125
SlimTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevejo View Post
I am thinking about switching my rear dual tire set up to a super single. What off set did you go with on your rig and can you post pictures?
As an FYI, the Dana Spicer 17060S rear axle found in the Supernovas is not approved for a single outset wheel. I don’t know why it’s not approved. I just saw this in the Dana Spicer application document and thought I would pass it on.

Take some photos if you decide to go with supper singles as I think it would look good.

Tim
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 07:43 PM   #126
Cyclechris

Hey Folks, First time commenting on this forum. I purchased a SN 6400 about a year ago, and have many of the same complaints about its ride. I can't justify the $6-10K to put the ACE or Kelderman system in. Anyways, after observing much of what has been said here in my own coach, the main issue I believe is a lack of suspension, so I did two things which I am certain is not as good as ACE or Kelderman, but helped a fair bit and for a fraction of the cost. 1st, I added shocks to rear, I think on this forum someone else mentioned they did the same and all the part numbers needed to do that(I think I spent less than $300 total for shocks and the mounts). 2nd I added a basic 5000lbs Air Ride system. In retrospect, I wish I could have found one of their 7500lbs systems that would have fit, but ultimately I found the 5k system for 2008 Dodge 4500 could be modified to fit between the axle and the frame. The air ride was $375 and took about 4 hours to modify and install on the SN 6400. As previously mentioned it does add to the spring rate, but honestly it needs it as the truck was at its max before, especially with 150 gallons of water on board. I had hoped for more lift (2-3inches) but only achieved 3/4 to 1 inch additional height by installing this system but I was able to unload the factory joust bumpers which allowed both the rear shocks and those joust bumpers to actually provide some dampening. For those who don't have it in them to drop a lot into the suspension of a 10-12 year old RV, it still isn't what I would call a great ride but also isn't shaking the Fridge or TV out of the wall either. I don't want to spend too much more money on the ride, but I am considering timbren joust bumpers to provide a more progressive dampening than the 12 year factory ones. Food for thought.

btw did all this without taking tires off and at the RV storage lot so was not complicated!
Cyclechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:18 AM   #127
pwerwagn

Look into the sumo spring jounce bumpers too. I have used the timbrens and felt they were harsh and not super progressive. Sumo sells theirs in 3 different material make ups so you can swap from soft-med-firm if you need to make a change.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #128
Rvguy

Hello I am looking into the same system as well it would be really nice if I can link up with you to share some thoughts how you are liking the system I am in Texas as well
Rvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:22 AM   #129
Henry111

VIAIR is one of the most precious air compressors I have bought for our fifth-wheel caravan, but it serves me well. It gives me confidence that I can inflate all my caravan and truck tires without moving the pump as the flexible air sock can stretch veritably fluently. You do not have to worry about going to the truck stop to inflate your tires to the correct pressure.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote