Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
ktmulvey

Default New 08 Crescendo 324 owner

Hey all. I just purchased an 08 Crescendo with the forward diesel engine. I've had it out a few times and love it. When storing it this winter my engine batteries died. I have two 12V coach batteries and two 12V engine batteries in the forward engine area. I'm not sure which battery bank is which to charge them. Before I buy a tester and test them or trace the cable to the alternator I was hoping for a quick answer here.
ktmulvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #2
Photobug17

If it is setup like my front engine Sun Voyager, the two batteries on the left, the passenger side, are your engine batteries. Hope this helps.
Photobug17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #3
Sudsy

Default Mine is different too

On my 05 Sun Voyager gas unit (8.1 ltr Chevy) I have 1 engine starting battery and two deep cycle "house Batteries". All of these are right behind the grill with the starting battery on the drivers side and the two house batteries on the passenger side.

I know that a diesel requires a lot more current/power to crank an engine. Normally there are two "cranking batteries" and at least one large coach battery.

I had my coach parked by the house with the refrigerator running like I always do but this time I didn't plug in because we were leaving in couple of days. I left the heater set at 65 not remembering that the heater fan runs on 12 Volts. So I found the fridge thawed and the house batteries drained.

A learning experience.

Sudsy
Old 01-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
jmorris

Unhook negative, on one set. the one that still works
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
Frutza

Are they all the same type battery? 2 should be a deep cycle and may not have a CCA rating like your starting batteries, they should be different batteries