Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Charliechan

Default Dish satellites and Winegard domes.

I have a Winegard RT 4035 dome on my RV and it has been working great. Very recently I powered up to get ready for a trip and could not get the winegard to acquire the Dish satellites that are used for service. Dish arc uses satellites 119 and 110. My system normally goes around to 119 and starts a fine tuning for about 6 minutes then enters sleep mode and all service is fine, parked and in-motion.

Now the system goes to 119, enters fine tuning for 1-2 minutes then starts seeking again, finds 119 and 1-2 minutes later starts looking again. Will do this for as long as power is applied. I contacted Winegard tech services and received the following e-mail.

"Due to a recent change that DISH performed to their satellites in the sky our dome styles satellites that were manufactured before 2013 are no longer able to consistently identify the signals as being from a DISH satellite. We are offering our customers a discounted price on an upgraded model ."

I can't understand Dish and what is going on. Trying to find out if I can switch to Direct TV and will it work. Ive been a Dish customer for 12 years and no advance warning of this. I called Dish tech service and they know nothing and offer no help or concern. Now additional cost for equipment and installation?

This post is for info to Winegard owners.
Charliechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
Charliechan

Default Re: Dish satellites and Winegard domes.

As an add-on, I've decided to use the system for this next trip while thinking about the replacement satellite. When I arrive at my location I will let the system seek and find satellite 119 and turn off power to the satellite motor. I can then view all programming that is on 119, better than nothing. In motion is gone and about 1/3 of your paid for programming will not be available. Cheers to all and wish Dish much sucdess in their scamming. Belated Happy 4th for our great country and may God Bless our Nation.
Charliechan is offline   Reply With Quote