Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
3454terryg

Default slide outs

what is the obvious thing i am missing. on my 06 tourmaster my rear slides dont slide back in. i have had them out one other time, no issues.
now i have had them out for a few days and come to tuck them away and they dont tuck. nothing. its like i have forgotten some obvious saftey device.
front one slides in. the jacks go up and down. the two rear slides dont to a thing when i hit the button. the king bed slides in.
tg
3454terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: slide outs

Not sure about a TourMaster. On mine which is the Scenic Cruiser in the bedroom I have the rack and pinion gear. Never have had trouble with the Gulf Stream, but I did have trouble with another coach I used to own, and it was a shear pin on the pinion gear that had sheared off. If you can hear the motor running and trying to pull the slide in but nothing happens it could be that.

Now it also could be a blown fuse. Check your fuse box where your DC fuses are located. On my coach they are in the first compartment front drivers side.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
tarheel

On my 07 Tourmaster I have had two problems resulting in my bedroom slides not retracting. The first time is was the fuse located in my front driver's side compartment fuse box.

The second time was not so easy. I was in the NC mountians and had to leave. I contacted a local RV tech who worked on it for a couple of hours and finally bypassed my wall switches by connecting a couple toggle switches under the bed to permit me to operate the slides until we got home. Upon returning, my local RV tech found that the magnetic switch located under the bed was bad. I have a king size bed that retracts in order for the slides to come in and if they are out, the magnetic switch disconnets the power to the wall switches prohibiting me from bringing in the slides when the bed is extended.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
03heritagerider

This issue came up in February. Here is the link to the discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3966

If clicking on the above link does not take you to the discussion, look under Class A and scroll down to "Bedroom Slide Out" originally posted by satboyz on Feb 19, 2013.

It may be the same issue.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
3454terryg

thanks for the tips. i will look up front for fuses, the fuses i found on the side of the bed were good. there is no noise. its not trying. its just not doing anything.
i was wondering about some sort of magnetic switch or a mirco switch or something. i also have a king size bed that i retracted. (that works) the main big slide works too.
there is so much about "what runs what, and how to do things" for me to learn. with the two main switches off by the door, it looks like my batteries for DC power pull down. i have it hooked up to shore power. the fridge still runs even though the main switchws were off. i have a residential fridge. someone told me they thought the previous owner switched that since my coach is an 06. maybe they wired it different so it is on even though the the main switches are off, the fridge is still on.
thanks again.
where exactly is that magnetic switch at for the bed slides on the king size bed?????
terry g
Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
RayChez1

The big switch at the entrance is to turn off the DC power only. Your refrigerator runs off AC power if you have a house type refrigerator. AC power has circuit breakers, not fuses. The circuit breakers on mine are on the side of the bed box. The only way your refrigerator can run off the house batteries is by having your invertor on. Hope you have at least six six volt batteries and a pure sine inverter to support that house type refrigerator. If not it will not take long to run your house batteries down.

Now as to your slide goes, IF you checked the fuses already and could not find one blown out, THEN I would go to the rear compartment on passenger side and check a circuit breaker that could have been tripped. The only thing is that I believe that would not be it because none of the slides would work, and you say that the other slides work. But there is a small circuit breaker in that compartment that will trip every so often and neither the levelers or the slides will work. On mine it is like a little lever, just pull it down to reset it. On others it is a small red button that you push to reset.

Some of these slides have cables that pull the slide in also and they do break, but again you say you do not hear the electric motor even attempting to bring the slide in, which makes me think it has to be electrical. It sure sounds to me like it is a fuse.

I just thought of another thing that could be your problem and that is that the driver seat has to be all the way forward in order to pull or extend your slides. Maybe it is not tripping the switch under the seat.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 05-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #7
03heritagerider

Ray,

On mine, the living/dining room and bed slides (driver's side) are hydraulic. The kitchen and bedroom vanity/TV slides (passenger's side) are electric. When those two circuit breakers in the compartment (shown here) viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3966 are tripped, the electric slides do not operate but the hydraulic ones will
Old 05-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #8
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03heritagerider
Ray,

On mine, the living/dining room and bed slides (driver's side) are hydraulic. The kitchen and bedroom vanity/TV slides (passenger's side) are electric. When those two circuit breakers in the compartment (shown here) viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3966 are tripped, the electric slides do not operate but the hydraulic ones will

My slides are exactly the same. Just have to reset the breaker and the electric slide are operational again. My bedroom vanity/TV slide has tripped twice and the kitchen slide has tripped once.
All times was when the wife put them out. Me thinks that she keeps her finger on the slide button trying to make more room.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
tarheel

On my 07 Tourmaster, both bedroom slides are electric. I'm not sure where the magnetic switch is located under the bed because I didn't replace mine, the RV tech did, but it should be located where the bed hinges underneath. It's probably like the switch under your driver's seat that disengages the slides when the drivers seat is not all the way forward. Also, on one occasion when I checked for a blown fuse in the front compartment, the fuse tester showed the slideout fuse to be good. I finally decided to replace it anyhow and the slides worked after doing so.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #10
3454terryg

raychez.
no noise. found a fuse below driver blown. replaced it....nothing... and fuse didnt blow again. through another good helper, don, found a thing he calls a mini breaker in the rear right compartment, that really looks like a sylinoid to me. there is no reset butto on it. it has two large wires and two small wires to it.
its has been very warm. it didnt cool off until ALL four wires were disconected. i am sure this is the problem and it also made my batteries go dead.
thanks for the tips
tg
Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #11
RayChez1

Terry, go to page 3 on the class A posts and scroll down to where you will read Davids posts. The title of the post is about: attaching a trick l start to a 08 toourmaster t40b. Actually what I am trying to tell you is to check the attached picture on that post. I am on the road right now and not in my coach, but that picture shows exactly the circuit breaker that trips on my coach every once in a while and the slides do not work in the bedroom. That square circuit breaker has a little handle that you have to pull down and reset it if it has been tripped.

Just scroll down to david botts posts and he has a good picture of the circuit breaker that trips on mine.
Aventa II Blue Ox