Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
JRFWallis09

Default We're NEW

Hello,
My husband Jim, me (Ramona) and dog "Friday" are in the last leg of our purchase of our first ever motor home. It's a Class A. 2001 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager 32' ft - Model 8329-Ford. GAS. 2 slides,
w/solar-inverter, generator, etc...("the tires are new").
She's 47,300K miles on her, and looks to be well taken care of inside and out. (some sun fading and a bit of decal peel on one side) "They" were asking $34,950K and we managed to get her for $29K "out the door."
Husband is having some 'buyers remorse' (fixed income retiree's n all).
Currently, she's being detailed, checked out to be in proper running condition and then we have our 'walk through.'
How well have we done price wise--what concerns should we be looking for during our "our walk through"
We've checked for leaks, appears to have none, windshield perfect.
We or my husband drove her, she seems quiet enough...
Anything you all Gulf Streamers can add, would be helpful.
I like how she looks, and I'd always heard "Gulf Stream" to be "one of the best?"
I'm excited--husband, not so much.
Thanks,
Ramona
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_398315835541042.jpeg (69.4 KB, 1295 views)
Purchased-June 2014
JRFWallis09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: We're NEW

Congratulations on your purchase of a Sun Voyager. I am not sure about the price, but if you are, that is all that counts. Make sure the tires are not over fives years old according to the manufactures stamp date on the sidewall of the tires. Tires over five years usually can be problems with blow outs.

Many Sun Voyagers on our Gulf Stream Club in southern California and most seem to be pretty good motorhomes. But coaches are like anything mechanical. You can get real good coaches and you can also get a bad coach on any brand. So lets hope yours is a good one. So now that you have it, go out and enjoy it. You will have lots of fun with it. We love our Gulf Stream coach.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
JRFWallis09

On our way back from picking her up-the dash AC quit. Dang it!! So, back to the shop she goes. Jim did specifically request all AC be checked for leaks but apparently some guy (in the shop) likes doing things the hard way. It was on our work order (which is good for 30 days), when Jim called them, they were cool about it. Just the inconvenience--I had plans for Pismo. Can't say enough about Andy's Fresno RV--they are real gems to work with, "if it ain't right, they make it right." I'm reasonably sure the "shop guy" got a "chewing." Steve, our sells guy, and Andy-the owner, have been the best in "attitude & willingness."
Purchased-June 2014
Old 07-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
JRFWallis09

Joy, pure joy!! We've just returned from our "maiden voyage"
From Visalia to Bodega Bay--for three glorious days--then back to Visalia.
A friend from Petaluma met us there and stayed two nites on our pull out sofa.
It all went extremely well. We had a glorious time, and our 2001 Sun Voyager
behaved in all manners perfectly! Even the ice maker in the fridge, gave us all we needed!
Our beast purred like a kitten, and we ran the generator as we cruised. The
AC kept us cool against the outside temps reaching 105° at times. What a great new way to adventure for us!!
Ramona-Jim-Friday
Purchased-June 2014
Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
JIMNINA

Congrats on the 'NEW' to U coach. My wife and I bought our first RV 5 years ago, a 1988 32' Southwind. We put over 20,000 miles on it in the 4 years we owned it. We finally upgraded to a 03 39' pusher about a year ago. We are not retired yet, only about 10,200 hours before we are and we try to camp about once a month. I'm not sure how much you have camped before the purchase, but we joined the Escapee Club and Passport America. Escapee's is a great club for 'Newbies' and Oldies. The members have many years of experience and are very helpful with answering questions. There are many other RV forums that have great members as well.
For whatever reason I have found that the GSOwners forum isn't very active compared to other forums, which is a shame. We really enjoy our Yellowstone.
JIMNINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
JRFWallis09

Thank you for the "congrats" and additional information. We replaced our 20 ft w/pop out Lance trailer (which we loved), with this class A (easier on my husband's ailing back issues). So, not new to camping-but surely enjoying the "New" method in doing so. We'll ride with this one awhile, then step up to a diesel pusher in a year or so.
Purchased-June 2014