Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Another problem

I have a 2004 Sunvoyager with the Atarium. Was camping for the first time since back surgery and noticed that on the end of the kitchen and living room slide out that there were bubbles under the paint. Now this end piece of the slide out is made of aluminum. It appears to be corrision,. It is located about 4 inches from the bottom on the front . Has anyone had this kind of a problem? I don't know if this is a very think pice of aluminum over wood or what it consists of. Thought maybe one of the members could help me on this. Other than this it preformed well.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
darbyjudy

Default Had it repaired

Well I guess I am the only person to have had this problem. I had it repaired yesterday. The bad area was ground out and then it was filled with figerglass and repainted. Looks pretty good. Now if it just doesn't come back. If it does I guess the next thing would be to just cut that piece of aluminum out and put another in. I could see no reason for this to have happened unless something was spilled on the panel before it was put together.