Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
StabinCabin

Default Katrina trailer

Hey all,
I am looking for a trailer for some camping this summer with buddies, and hopefully some campground girls. I have found a 32' gulf stream trailer that is pretty basic, it was supposed to go to Katrina but was never used. It looks to be in good shape. What do you think? How much is it worth? It is a 2006 and I haven't seen a model on the internet that matches I think it might have been made just for katrina.
StabinCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
Maggie

You need to make sure this isn't one of the trailers that FEMA had
so much problems with. A lot of the ones that were made for Katerina
had problems with the materials they were made of. I think it was the fumes from the paneling. I know there were a lot that FEMA rejected
because of the problem.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Maggie

You need to make sure this isn't one of the trailers that FEMA had
so much problems with. A lot of the ones that were made for Katerina
had problems with the materials they were made of. I think it was the fumes from the paneling. I know there were a lot that FEMA rejected
because of the problem.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #4
rjf7g

It may not have a fresh water tank or water pump among other things they routinely didn't include in FEMA trailers.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
petalmom

My husband and I just bought one and LOVE it! It wasn't actually USED during Katrina which, to me, was even better. It was made for that use though so it did not come with holding tanks, fresh water tanks, or gas tanks (which we bought at Walmart for next to nothing). It is a park model meaning it has to be hooked up to water, sewer and electrical hook-ups which is fine with us. You can buy the batteries and holding tanks if you like but we'd rather not have those on ours....keeps it cleaner and odor free in our opinion. We got ours for a "steal" on Ebay. I see there are MANY more on Ebay just like ours. You just have to be careful that what is advertised is what you are bidding on. We got the pick of the lot once we got to Alabama to pick it up....took us hours of looking through to find just the right one but at 1/4 of the original price and everything looks like new on it, it was worth it. The only problem I am currently having is the A/C. It rattles like crazy when it's turned on and it does not blow cold air (doesn't seem to push the air at all actually). Now I am not a patient person and have not let it run for any length of time...maybe a minute or two at the most....rattling drove me crazy. Other than that, once we get that problem fixed, it's an awesome buy! Good luck!!!!