Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
BikerBilly

Default Just not sure...

Went for our first longer trip this week and it was a learning experience. We went from Marionville, MO to St. Augustine,FL and back with 4 days on the beach in between. 2 and a half travel days each way. Not sure I liked it. Was about half sick with tummy troubles when we started out and that got nothing but worse as we went. We had two granddaughters with us who fight like sisters and DW had decided to change some of her female type medicine right before we left. These 4 people should not be trapped in a 36 foot rv together for any reason. As soon as DW slipped behind the wheel to learn to drive the beast ( somebody had to make time, the sick guy was too slow) the road changed to 2 lane blacktop weaving through the hills of Arkansas and the downpour began. Needless to say this was somehow my fault and by gawd she was going to drive anyway. She did an amazing job, which is good since the pukeing had started for me , and I was in no condition to drive. Setting up camp while holding down the remains of my last meal, was a real treat. In my haste I seem to have slipped the poop shute into a vent pipe of some kind rather than the black hole. I realized my mistake the next morning, after a sleepless night with bickering girls and bubbling tummy when I opened the black dump valve ( I always leave it shut so the insides don't get crusty and dump it in the morning) and to my pajama covered surprise the line writhed like a snake and leapt off the pipe like a saturn rocket leaving the pad. That was the end of that set of pjs and thank goodness I was barefoot or I would have lost a pair of slippers too. I am glad DW didn't see that one or she would have left me there to shower. As it was, I blamed the smell on being sick and I got to shower inside. Things didn't improve much for the whole trip. I didn't make any more stupid mistakes, but we did loose the use of the front AC unit on the way home, sounded like grinding rocks in the compressor. Just not sure if this is for me. Maybe the next trip will be better.

2006 fred Crescendo
300 hp Cummins
Freightliner chassis
1st R.V.
BikerBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Marvin

Default Re: Just not sure...

Sorry to hear your trip was less than fun but look at it this way in the future can it get any worse? Lets hope it is all behind you no pun intended.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
BikerBilly

Update....
Doc says " Pancreatitus" (not sure on spelling) Something messed up in my pancreas, was what caused the nausea, vomiting and discomfort not to mention the pain and general malaise. The chills and fever went with that too. I'll bet the next trip will be more fun when I'm not so concerned with wether or not Im going to live through it.

2006 fred Crescendo
300 hp Cummins
Freightliner chassis
1st R.V.
BikerBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
03heritagerider

PLEASE...PLEASE...DO NOT GIVE UP RVing!
That was some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. Even if your trips suck, you can take pride in the fact that your readers will have fun travelling along with you.

You should start a travel blog. I did a couple for our last two trips. They're easy, fun and a good way to keep a record of your travels. Especially in your "Golden" years. You know they say that the memory is the Second thing to go.......I don't remember what the first one was!

http://rvnhogs.blogspot.com/
http://rvnhogs2.blogspot.com/