Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream | Tech > Plumbing
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-23-2023, 10:27 AM   #1
roberjam

Default Accessing Galley Faucet in 2006 Conquest 25RKS Travel Trailer

Hi Folks,

The hot water handle "rocketed" off of the galley faucet on my 2006 Gulfstream Conquest 25RKS Travel Trailer and water began shooting up out of the fixture. (The rig was attached to city water at the time.) Conceptually, it seems like a relatively easy fix to replace the fixture given an appropriate replacement faucet. However, there is a very practical problem. The cabinet that is underneath and slightly left of the double sink has a half size door that limits access. Moreover, there is a cabinet shelf midway up which further constrains me from reaching the faucet connections. The drain pipe from the left sink goes through a hole in this shelf. Is there some trick to accessing the faucet connections on this rig? Thanks.

Best Wishes,
Jim
roberjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:38 AM   #2
Chuck v

Just a comment about using city water -- most RVs recommend a low pressure for their water systems, and the pressure regulators sold for use on RV connections are typically 40 PSI or so. City/domestic water systems can be quite a bit higher than that, so caution is advised. Usually it is the plastic piping and crimped joints that are sensitive to pressure, not the fixtures...

Hope you get some suggestions from other members here about your particular model of TT that will help you in accessing your fixture for replacement.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 11:11 PM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Inspect face-frame inside pocket screws on inside face of face frame, and consider removing frame, or part of same, to gain access? Any Tech will have to do similar, sounds like?

If removing a few pocket screws do not give a release, then oscillating tool maybe very handy? On mine, the two bowl w/ small/ large bowls, my only access was drawer removal, with electric panel and flex duct and wiring under sink, with stem leak.

I realized I needed to fully install upper bonnet to fully seat the cartridge, then snug up bottom nut to countertop, or bonnet nut could not fully seat the cartridge if bottom tightened first, and thus would leak. BUT, I was able to reach bottom nut with drawers removed. (ON PLASTIC FAUCETS= No tools required except screwdriver for knobs.) I suspect your upper bonnet was loose, and/or your regulator failed or was not installed, which allowed entire cartridge to blow out?

2) Removing drain and shelf may also be helpful or required? Take PICS before disassembly. 3) Other options to consider/ explore might be sink removal, or full countertop removal.
Good Luck, probably/ hopefully easier than you expect.