Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
jesstrue

Default Anyone have a Yellowstone M-6319?

I'm looking at buying a used Gulf Stream Yellowstone M-6319. It has the residential style bathroom and full wall slide.

My first question - does anyone know when they first started making this model? The dealer selling the unit lists it as a 2007, but I can't find this model number in the NADA guides for 2007. The earliest they list it is 2008...

If anyone has the 6319, I'd love to hear about your experiences... I'm a little concerned about the wheelbase (208" WB with 31' 7" length), though the ratio (54.9) seems ok. Does the back drag at gas station curbs, driveways, etc?? How is the CCC and weight distribution?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. We have a big camping trip coming up and would like to be in a new unit before then!!

Many thanks, Jess
jesstrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
Morrigan

We have a 6319 that we bought in September. It's not a Yellowstone, just a strait conquest, but the diferences are strictly trim packages.
Yes, the back end will hit the skid plates if you go over a steep enough transition driveway, I did it on the dealers lot druing the test drive.

(I want to buy and get the neigbor the Navy welder to install a set of casters for this.) You'll find that she's a bit driver side heavy, not to bad, but you realy notice it following the rig on a high crown road. High winds are a BRASS CLAD B****. It doesn't seem to mind trucks driving by nor does it mind passing trucks, but if you have a cross wind, you'll know it before the trees show it, and it's worse when the cross wind is intermitant.
I live in western washington, and we get a lot of wind, especialy in the mountain passes, and across the bridges. I haven't see the shimmy problem that a lot of folks compain of with this chasie, unless there's a cross wind.
If you buy it, get a GOOD walk through, we bought new, found several semi minor things that didn't get done at the factory, ( valences not screwed in, the TV didn't latch, locks that didn't, that sort of thing. Could I have fixed them? Yes. Should I have to on a $90,000 rig? NO.) Also put some water in it, pressureize the system and leave it up for a bit, then look for water. Some Yutz at the factory put a staple through a hose in the vailence behind the toilet, that cost money to fix that the dealer and factory have yet to make right, inspite of letters, etc. (Dealer is 400 plus miles away, over the mountains. We called him on the issue and he said take it to a local joint and send him the bill. To date (3 months) he hasn't made right.) The shower enclosure leaked as well.
Not sure what else I can tell you, ask, and I'll answer.
Morrigan
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote