Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
jhan

Default Heating in the bed room

Hi,
I recently purchased a 2006 Tour Master T36.
While I was on our trip to Utah, the bed room would be freezing cold even with the heater on. I could not find any heating ducts from the heater into the bed room. The closest heating duct is on the side of the shower. I'd have to leave the sliding door open to get some heat from that duct. Is this right? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

James
Old 12-09-2008, 06:25 AM   #2
Fl Mike

I have the same model. If I remember correctly there is duct on the bottom of the nightstand. Have used the heater very rarely but generally use the electric heat and the overhead vents.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
GO BLUE

When I used my electric heat it came out of roof and was not very effective,,,when I turn on the propane heat it will cook you out of the bedroom.....................Jim K
Old 12-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
jhan

Thanks.
I'll look around the night stand when I get a chance. When I set the heater in electric mode, it was making some horrible noise. I have to get that checked. But in gas mode, front area was hotter than hell while we are freezing in the bedroom.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
GO BLUE

I have three ac's...and have to use the rear air for the bedroom....changing the front two make no difference in the bedroom Jim K
Old 12-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
jhan

Default Can't find the heating vent...

Well, I spent about 30 minutes looking in the room and I can not find a round heating vent.
What I found was the intake for the floor mounted heat pump/AC on the side facing the slide, right under the bed. But the side facing the entry door, under the bed, there are 2 rectangular vents that look like the heating vents under the sink cabinet. Lifting the bed up, I found they are not connected to anything. Looking all around inside, I can not figure out how anything could be connected to it. There was no heating duct or any holes that look like it was patched. Looking from underneath, I don't see any heating duct can go under the bed either, since it's right where the engine is.
I guess the best thing I can do now is to figure out if I can tap into another duct and route it into the room. Someone must felt asleep while building this coach.
Anyhow, I'll have a year to get it done. The next trip I take that I think I'll need a heater will be the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
rdlamb

Jhan:
Now don't die laughing, but have you tried calling GS? Or, sending an e-mail? Ask for the floor plans to see if ducts were in your coach's plans.

I have a T-40D, which has a different floor plan than yours but I cannot believe that GS would not heat the bedroom. Asleep during manufacture I can believe.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #8
jhan

Hi rdlamb,
I emailed and called them a week after I got the RV when the dealer told me they can't find anything for my RV other than the set of keys I left with (They told me it was been shipped from another dealer they have when I picked up the RV and they will ship to me when it arrives). The dealer is 350 miles away from my house. If I ever take a trip to Mesa, Arizona again, I'll stop by and give them my 2 cents.
I never got an email back from GS, but I did get a call back. The lady told me she will send all the stuff she has and I should receive it in 3 weeks. That would be 3 days before I leave for my trip.
Well, it's almost 4 weeks since I left for my trip, or 2 weeks since I came back and I'm still waiting. I did leave a message with the lady that helped me, but she's on vacation until after New Year.
This is my first motor home and we got it used for many reasons. I had to spend alot of time to figure out how exactly everything worked, and fix alot of things that were not working correctly. I'm told that even if I were to purchase a new one, I'd be expecting the same. Not sure if that is the case, but anyway, it's a done deal now. Our trip to Utah went well, and mechanically the coach performed well other than I wish I had the Cummins ISL @ 400/1200 instead of the 'little' C7 @ 300/860 while going up some of the hills. May be if the economy turns around, I can convince my wife we need an upgrade.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
rdlamb

Hi Jhan;
I have the 400 Cummins. Got a recall notice from Cummins notifying me that they wanted to put a light on my dash to warn me that my engine just blew. It seems they utilized a "new supplier" of wrist pins, and said pins were not correctly milled.
I wrote a nasty letter to Cummins, and they overhauled my engine instead. The mechanic noted my wrist pins, with 13000 miles on them, were "excessively worn."
The reason I note this, is that the Cummins shop I went to offered me a computer upgrade, normally $2000, to reprogram everything to boost the Cummins to 450hp.
I was happy with the 400, but went ahead with the 450 boost. Wow, yes more is better in this case.
MPG went down initially during break in of the new parts.
Now, we manage 7.6 to 8.4 mpg, down to 6.8 mpg on hills or hilly terrain.

You might want to check with MB, to see if they offer a way to boost your HP, then decide if it makes sense for you.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
jhan

Thanks for the suggestion.
I have a Cat. I'll call them to see if I can 'uprate' it to 350.