Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-29-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
xwhyz1959

Default Parts for 1992 Sun Voyager

Greetings all. Does anyone know of a good source for parts for a 92 Sun Voyager? I recently purchased one of these, (my first RV), and it just needs some TLC and other preventive items. I'm looking to change out all the brake hoses for one, swap all interior lighting to LED, and replace the headlights with HID. And that is just a fraction off what I want to do. I've surfed around some searching for parts, but haven't had a whole lot of luck so far. Thanks in advance for your help.
xwhyz1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhyz1959 View Post
Greetings all. Does anyone know of a good source for parts for a 92 Sun Voyager? I recently purchased one of these, (my first RV), and it just needs some TLC and other preventive items. I'm looking to change out all the brake hoses for one, swap all interior lighting to LED, and replace the headlights with HID. And that is just a fraction off what I want to do. I've surfed around some searching for parts, but haven't had a whole lot of luck so far. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am doing the LED conversion right now on my coach. I have previuosly done two other Travel Trailers. I found a bag of 20 LEDs that fit the exterior clearance lights and tag light. I also ordered two 1157 replacements for the tail lights. Scrubbed all the funk out of the fixtures and the lenses. They are looking good now. I previously did the interior lighting conversion. It's a little more tricky. There are different colors of white, soft white and bright white are the two that I used. The soft white for lighting that is on for ambient lighting. The bright white bulbs are in the reading lights. There are also different types of bulbs that look alike but are not interchangeable. My compartment lights have a single contact and use the brass base for ground. The light in the porch lite looks the same from a distance but it will have two contacts and one element and does not use the base for electrical contact. The 1157 bulbs look exactly like the other two but they have two elements and use the brass base as ground. One contact is for the running lights and the second element is the brake and turn signal light. Don't just buy the first one's you see online. Some (most) places charge much to much for them. Here's a link for the 20 pack.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Take one of the brake lines off and take it to a NAPA store. Also look inside the kitchen cabinets for a placard that will give you a lot of info.

Sudsy
Old 05-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
xwhyz1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
I am doing the LED conversion right now on my coach. I have previuosly done two other Travel Trailers. I found a bag of 20 LEDs that fit the exterior clearance lights and tag light. I also ordered two 1157 replacements for the tail lights. Scrubbed all the funk out of the fixtures and the lenses. They are looking good now. I previously did the interior lighting conversion. It's a little more tricky. There are different colors of white, soft white and bright white are the two that I used. The soft white for lighting that is on for ambient lighting. The bright white bulbs are in the reading lights. There are also different types of bulbs that look alike but are not interchangeable. My compartment lights have a single contact and use the brass base for ground. The light in the porch lite looks the same from a distance but it will have two contacts and one element and does not use the base for electrical contact. The 1157 bulbs look exactly like the other two but they have two elements and use the brass base as ground. One contact is for the running lights and the second element is the brake and turn signal light. Don't just buy the first one's you see online. Some (most) places charge much to much for them. Here's a link for the 20 pack.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Take one of the brake lines off and take it to a NAPA store. Also look inside the kitchen cabinets for a placard that will give you a lot of info.

Sudsy
I'm amazed at the variety of LED lamps available. Especially the more directional types. Thanks for the link my friend.
xwhyz1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhyz1959 View Post
I'm amazed at the variety of LED lamps available. Especially the more directional types. Thanks for the link my friend.

I more amazed at the prices that RV and Auto Supply stores charge for the bulbs.

Sudsy
Old 05-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
Truck55

I would check brakes very close. If it has set very long they stick and cause you brake overheating problems.
Truck55 is offline   Reply With Quote