Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-09-2017, 08:36 AM   #1
Johnny Boy

Default dometic ndr 1292 fridge problem

Recently on a trip we found that the fridge gets to about 38 degrees when on setting 3 and the freezer gets to about 15 degrees when on setting 3. When we select setting 4 or 5 on the panel for colder operation the fridge and freezer actually get warmer?? the fridge is in a slide out so I installed 3 computer case fans at the bottom facing up that are on anytime the fridge is on, there are 2 more muffin fans at the top the pull air up and exhaust it out and they do come on when the temp requires it. The drain tube is correct and not allowing air into fridge. The seals are nice and tight with the dollar bill test....This is happening regardless of being plugged in or on propane. Anyone have any ideas?
Johnny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: dometic ndr 1292 fridge problem

Not sure how a dometic ndr 1292 adjusts the temperature, but on my Norcold 1200LRIM on the inside of the fridge towards the back are fins. On the edge of that row of fins is a thermistor. When you slide the thermistor up on those fins the temperature inside drops. When you lower its placement it warms up. If your fridge has one of those thermistors slide it up about one inch, and see what happens.

That is what I had to do to mine and by fine tuning it, I got to where the temperature inside stays at around 34 degrees. Freezer everything is frozen solid.

Hope that helps.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote