Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-28-2024, 08:45 AM   #1
charliedelta

Default Vintage Cruiser 19 ERD

Greetings, We actually got this last year, It was a new 2022 model. I have heard these are weekend only units but, my wife and I took it on a 6000 mile 2 month trip with no major issues. Chuck
charliedelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 10:22 AM   #2
Chuck v

Chuck,

Small tow-able RVs like yours are very appropriate for a couple willing to "live small" enough to not carry all their worldy possessions with them, and get outside enough to enjoy the places they travel to.

Enjoy you rig and your travels !!

Chuck (another one...)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:42 AM   #3
mzweili

Default get used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedelta View Post
Greetings, We actually got this last year, It was a new 2022 model. I have heard these are weekend only units but, my wife and I took it on a 6000 mile 2 month trip with no major issues. Chuck

Hi Chuck,
for 2 years now we own a Vista Cruiser 19ERD. Compared to our previous RV, a 26ft Ford Sunseeker, the 19ERD lacks of storage space, but we appreciate its floor plan and the fact travelling with a comfortable and more economic car. We wouldn't change back even for longer trips.
mzweili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 01:40 PM   #4
charliedelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzweili View Post
Hi Chuck,
for 2 years now we own a Vista Cruiser 19ERD. Compared to our previous RV, a 26ft Ford Sunseeker, the 19ERD lacks of storage space, but we appreciate its floor plan and the fact travelling with a comfortable and more economic car. We wouldn't change back even for longer trips.

Mzweili,
We had a 31 ft Leprechaun on a Ford van chassis prior to the Cruiser. I agree, we will not be going back. Don't get me wrong, we had fun in the MH had some advantages, especially in the storage area but, the TT suits our current camping/traveling goals better at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Chuck,

Small tow-able RVs like yours are very appropriate for a couple willing to "live small" enough to not carry all their worldy possessions with them, and get outside enough to enjoy the places they travel to.

Enjoy you rig and your travels !!

Chuck (another one...)

Chuck,
Even with the MH mentioned above we never had it close to it's carry capacity. Getting away, IMHO, is also getting away from the "stuff" LOL. We do spend a large part of the day outside of the camper.

Chuck
charliedelta is offline   Reply With Quote