Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2018, 07:15 AM   #1
DCSA67

Default De-Winterizing

Hello: My husband passed away in Dec 2017. Since we bought the unit in 2004 he has pretty much always taken care of the outside items on our RV and I have just done the basic items inside the RV. So since his passing, I have pretty much kept my 2004 Gulfstream Sun Voyager in storage mode until now.

On my own for the Water Heater Maintenance (thru YouTube) I was able to change the Anode, Replace Electric Element and the Propane Pipe. I figured out I thought all the valves for Sewer Gray & Black. So now I proceeded to hook up water hose and I remembered he said when winterizing he opened all valves and opened pipes.

I have closes all hot & cold water valves inside and for outside shower. Then I went to each side and reconnected one pipe to the water pump then the other side I reconnected I believe a total of 4 pipes near the water heater. I also remembered he said when de-winterizing to fill tank and use water pump because I will hear if any leaks because water pump will continue to run. So I am connected to public but at this point just trying to fill the main water tank first.

I turned on the water hose and noticed the main tank was not filling and I see the pink in some of the water lines but not all. I then heard water pouring out but I wasn't sure why. I noticed on the hot water tank side the water is not even flowing into water tank nor even going into main tank but its pouring out of what I think are water over flow plugs, located in the floor area. (I have taken pictures if I can figure out how to post here.)

No matter which valve I move to different positions I can not get the water to flow through all of the pipes to fill the tank. Then I read on another forum that their may be a water distribution valve panel and there may be a by-pass mode....

I have looked everywhere, mind you this is the first time I am maintaining my unit on my own. It may be in an obvious location and I have overlooked or that forum may not have advised me for my specific unit.

Does anyone know where this may be? Or if we don't have one. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and which valve will stop this from occurring? I thought I tried every valve but at this point 2 weeks into project with no one to advise me, I figured I start here on a real Gulfstream forum. Thank you in advance for your insight & knowledge.
DCSA67 is offline   Reply With Quote