Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #41
ronbo

I can't say that the schematic/wiring diagram issue is what made me dump the POS (and that doesn't stand for Point-Of-Sale) I had, but it sure helped weigh in on the final decision. I tried to get the diagrams too, and my dealer and I got the same runaround as everyone else.

I had the POS for 6 months, and 5 (count 'em, FIVE) of those months was with it sitting at the dealer, waiting on authorization for them to proceed with my 6-page gripe list. GS refused to honor it, saying the dealer was padding the list. We finally took it to the factory and they worked on it for 2-weeks solid. Never did finish with it, when I threw in the towel and traded for something worthwhile.

Anyways, back to the question at hand. Several have suggested here that it may be GS is trying to keep the 'precious' information out of our hands because we might do some repairs ourselves and cheat the dealer out of their fair-share. Well, I don't follow that, since GS is keeping the info away from the dealer too, and then the dealer charges the time back to GS (if it's under warranty), and GS ends up paying anyways. Be cheaper for them to release them, like Winnie or the others.

I'm more apt to believe it's because of the replorable shape of the documentation in the first place. The dealer did show me a diagram (original was in pdf-format) he'd gotten from GS several years ago when tracing another wiring-issue, and GS was more open. OMG, a 6-year old kid could have done a better job! It was awful, as if someone was doodling in their spare time. And this was supposed to be a 120vac circuit to something non-lethal, simple and inexpensive like an air-conditioner? Made us wonder about how the rest of the stuff must look hidden away in Nappanee.

Sorry, but if this is how they treat and view the 'outside world' it must be a very interesting world they're in. And I for one, am disappointed to say that I'd bought into it (if even for only a while).

Ron
ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:03 PM   #42
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Yeppers, got the same "run-a-round" just to replace a switch .......

Had to send it back to factory so THEY could "re-wire"
a new one to match ????? Apparently They don't know how
it was originally done !!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #43
tourmaster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsadmin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourmaster1
My point in this is that GS might have been glad to give me the info, but seemed not to have it themselves.

I know there is a push throughout the industry to develop better documentation of the whole coach, because currently this is lacking just about everywhere, not just GS. GS could definitely pick up a competetive advantage by being among the first to offer this level of support, I think.
As far as others not having that level of documentation, I beg to differ, go to the Winnebago and Alfa web sites and see the level of documentation you get online. ...

So, from even just that 10 minute exercise...do you think GS is more interested in CS or Selling based on their web site alone?
A few others is not a whole industry - which is lacking according to those I've talked to and what I've seen. I never could get a response from Thor on my Tahoe TT, much less any useful information for example. The examples you cited are no less awesome though - that is what the industry should be doing!

As for web site alone, I don't think it is fair to judge by that. If you can get the information in some way, shape or form then I would be satisfied.

Quote:

Now after visiting all of those, visit:

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com

Now what do YOU think?

I am sorry if it sounds like I am slamming GS, but sheez guys, get with the program. Start building your web site and CS as well as your cabinetry and you really will gain the support of each and every member of this forum!
My advice to GS would be build Customer Service first, and then the web site. I believe it is the information and service that is most important, not how it is delivered. They do seem to be trying harder. The folks at GS I've been in touch with via email have been very responsive.
tourmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote