Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
pony

Default Newbee with 2017 gulf stream ameri-lite 199dd

Saying Hello from Chicagoland.We just purchased our first Trailer gulf stream ameri-lite 199dd.Love it love it love it.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
McKannick

Good for you, many happy memories can be made from a new camper! That's exactly the floor plan we're looking at to replace our recently sold 2008. While it's brand new, and you're not doing much camping over the winter, it's a good time to go over every joint in the roof (and all the stuff poking through the roof) with Dicor sealant product and all the corner joints as well where the sides of the trailer meet the ends. You'll be getting ahead of the leak curve that all TT seem to develop over time. Our 2008 had several 'untraceable' leak sources all around the rubber roof edges, and the corner seams of the sides and ends which rotted all around the roof and made 'soft spots' all over the bath floor and by the exit door. Use the 'leveling' lap seal all around everything on the roof and the seams of the roof and sides, and the 'non-leveling' lap seal along the corner joints. It also wouldn't hurt a thing to use the stuff around everything that comes through the walls or ends of your unit, like vents, windows, running lights, everything. These things are assembled very fast, the crews under pressure to crank them out, so things get missed a lot.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...850_em_1p_0_ti

http://rvbasics.com/techtips/rv-roof-care.html
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
archfriendship 199DD

I just purchased a 2018 199DD. I am looking forward to camping soon! Did you get a TV for the unit? if so, what kind of mount did you get? Is there a limit on how much the mount and tv can weigh? Any ideas for space saving on the inside? I am just purchasing everything now. Chris
archfriendship 199DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:25 PM   #4
exjay

Welcome! Excellent advise from McKannick above ^
Old 02-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #5
McKannick

We had a lightweight 20" flatscreen we bought from Walmart or somewhere. We used an 'arm mount' style TV bracket that locks against itself for when we're on the road, like one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mounting-Dr...AAAOSwEYBahAjU
The key feature of whatever bracket you choose is that it must lock into the folded position so that when you're on the road it stays folded up against the wall, because if it drifts out to an extended position while you're going down the road it will tear itself right out of the wall from the weight of the TV out on an arm that long bouncing up and down from the road bumps.
We made ourselves a 'check out' list to go over as we prepared to go on the road, to include things like: leveling jacks up? Sewer hose stowed? TV cable stowed? Power cable stowed? TV antenna down?....you get the idea.
You might also want to measure how tall your unit is (ours was 10 feet tall) a put a note to that fact on your rear view mirror, because sooner or later you're gonna need to know that detail really quickly as some low bridge or whatever looms ahead!
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:32 AM   #6
Serge

Send a message via MSN to Serge

Quote:
Originally Posted by archfriendship 199DD View Post
I just purchased a 2018 199DD. I am looking forward to camping soon! Did you get a TV for the unit? if so, what kind of mount did you get? Is there a limit on how much the mount and tv can weigh? Any ideas for space saving on the inside? I am just purchasing everything now. Chris
I posted new photos on the Gulf Steam photos.
That could give you some ideas.
Enjoy your trailer, we love it!
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #7
exjay

Bought our swing out TV arm from Target but keet it perm mounted up against the wall but have the added side to side movement avail over just a flat mount. We just use 2 heavy duty zip ties to keep the arm folded in, no porblems while traveling.