Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
C.Reilly

Default Booth in 2007 8356 Crescendo

When we looked and bought this unit the table and shelf looked really pretty together to us. Now we are wondering if a booth might meet our needs better. Does anyone with this model have the booth?

I asked a dealer and they said I could have a booth put in. Would cost a pretty penny. Wasn't a Gulf Stream dealer though. Just a dealer at a RV show. I know I would lose the nice shelf and those useless cupboards, but the booth might be more comfortable. Plus, the storage. The pantry didn't come with the 2007. So my storage is limited. Things get lost in that corner cabinet. Guess we got a bigger ref.

With the table, we received only two chairs and you really don't want to spend much time on them. Had this same thing done in our fifth wheel and it was a really tight squeeze, so I am concerned about the room. Of course the dealer didn't center the table so a skinny person had to sit on one side. Probably I would lose a valance too.

Carol
Old 11-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
RV Wizard

I have asked to have my guys do this alteration many times and I have come to learn that if you buy a grapefruit and want to turn it into a grape; all you end up with is wine. The sales depatment whines about how much it cost, the service techs ahine about how much a pain it is and the consumer whines about how much it is not not like the one floor plan of the one from the factory was like when they say it. My advise is to buy the floor plan with the booth in it!
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
C.Reilly

Our problem was this was the only model on the lot with the mid door. Plus we didn't crawl on the floor to see how deep those cupboards really were. Also, thought somewhere there were two more chairs. Guess we didn't ask enough questions.
Now that I've been to a few RV shows, I'm really impressed with all the front kitchen units I've seen. Wonder if Gulf Stream is going to come out with one?

Carol
Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 AM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Reilly
Our problem was this was the only model on the lot with the mid door. Plus we didn't crawl on the floor to see how deep those cupboards really were. Also, thought somewhere there were two more chairs. Guess we didn't ask enough questions.
Now that I've been to a few RV shows, I'm really impressed with all the front kitchen units I've seen. Wonder if Gulf Stream is going to come out with one?

Carol
Carol,

I don't think I have ever seen a "front kitchen unit" motorhome. Do you know what brand of coach that was in that you are refering to?

The cupboard that is shallow below the table on our coach is just for the storing of the table leaf, is yours for something else?

The two additional folding chairs are an option and your dealer can order them from Gulf Stream for you if you want them. Like I stated before, our folding chairs are really more comfortable that the two standard chairs which we are going to replace with two wood maple chairs as soon as we find some to our liking. The wife will get cushions for them in her deco choice.

Looking at the invoice/price that the dealer gave us that was in our coach, " 2 Folding Dinette Chairs $210.00".
So the chairs were a $210.00 option in 2004.

We met a couple last year at a GS rally that the wife insisted that the table be taken out and a booth be put in their Sunvoyager. They said they made a mistake and wish they had the table/chairs back, Go figure. He wasn't very happy because it was quite costly to have the dealer do this.

As the saying goes, "The grass is always greener on the other side" until you get there.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #5
C.Reilly

Holiday Rambler and Damon along with Winnebago have front kitchens. But boy, are they pricey.
I will look into the two chairs vs the booth in the spring when we thaw out
Love the look of the shelf. Makes the unit "classy".

Carol
Old 11-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

I just looked at the Damon and Holiday Rambler sites and saw the front kitchen floorplans. It would be nice since it would be near the front entrance door and usual trips in/out are to go to the kitchen for something to drink or eat.

But it would not work to well if one was taking more than two people in the coach.

I know I wouldn't want my two grandson's sitting that far away from us or any one for that matter. Conversation would be a yelling match.

I am sure that Gulf Stream will come out with a front kitchen if it seems that it will be popular and a good seller.

If we ever decide to get another coach, we would probably go with a mid door and I would make sure that we didn't have a slideout that would be under the patio awning like we have now. What a pain in the $%# it is and also my head!! If I had my way, this slide would never be out when we are using the awning and sitting under it.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:49 AM   #7
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

We have an 2005 8356 with a booth. We love the booth but we have 2 teenagers that need to sleep someplace and they will not sleep in the same bed. The booth works great for us. I am the type to always ask for a booth at resteraunts anyway. We really like the storage. All four of us can sit and eat together but a lot of times its just two at a time anyway. We never considered getting a MH with a table and chairs because we just don't care for that set up. So my opinion is tainted because we don't like the table anyway. Good luck.

I would suggest checking out www.martinsburgrv.com and see if their 8356 models would suit you. I am not sure how far away you are from them but they are a great dealership with great service.

I would suggest that you don't get it changed and just buy a 8356 with the floorplan/options you like. Happy Camping
Old 01-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #8
C.Reilly

Our dealer finally reopened after being closed since before Thanksgiving. We drove up to see what a booth would cost. Freight alone, he said, would run about $1000. Holy cow !!! That's a lot of money.
Think we will stick with the dinette.

Carol
Old 01-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
Jill

I guess it's just personal opinion, because I do not like the booths at all, and love the table and chairs. We got the extra two and although they've been in the closet since we got them, if we need to seat two more people, we can.

The table and chairs gives so much more flexibility, plus I find the booths way too tight a fit (guess that's a personal problem, too )

It makes sense to me, as the others said, that it's going to cost a lot more than it's worth to switch them out. It's really too bad, since you have a 2007 and probably want to keep it for at least a little while.

Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide!

www.northwestjewelry.com
[email protected]
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:36 PM   #10
C.Reilly

Won't be getting a booth. Would cost nearly $3000. Also the mud guards that say GulfStream is not in the cards either ---- another $800. So, I will go to Walmart and pick up a folding chair.

Carol