Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #21
gsadmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecounter
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. $5000 installed and $80 a month. Steep but it works very well and We don't have to fight with fine tuning on a tripod. Getting the signal was a snap but the fine tuning got to be a pain.
$5000!!!!

Ouch!

Guess I won't be going that route anytime soon

I could stomach the $80 as I would leave it plugged in and use a wireless router to feed my house network when at home, but that hardware cost...sheez...
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #22
darbyjudy

Default Improvements

I have a 2004 Gulfstream sunvoyager, triple slide.
In the last week I have installed a shelve in the cabinet in the bathroom.
Today I installed a shelve under the bed to hold the extra bedding. I made it so it just lifts out because also in that area is the converter and the transfer switch. Wish the bed had struts to hold it up but at the present I use a prop.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #23
gsadmin

Default Re: Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
I made it so it just lifts out because also in that area is the converter and the transfer switch. Wish the bed had struts to hold it up but at the present I use a prop.
Be careful of propping that up...i nearly broke my neck on that. As you know, the bed base and mattress weighs alot. I used a mop and the weight of the bed folded it in half and it slipped out. This is another pet peeve i have on my coach. I mean, really, how much would it have cost to do this (put in a proper support)? How much will the lawsuit be when someone does break their neck on this and die or worse yet turn into Christopher Reeve?

I have the same beef with five of my exterior comparments that do not have struts. I have pointed this out to my dealer/service as well as GS directly and was told this was how the coach was "designed".

So far, this design has caused me a sore neck from the bed compartment when the support i jimmyed slipped out and one knot on my head when the same thing happened to me on my electrical compartment when someone got in the RV while i was working, and the weight shift dislodged my makeshift support.

This is yet another thing that the factory should take responsibility for and fix IMO. Again, how much will a lawsuit cost them...especially since they now know it is an issue from me and others bringing it to their attention...can you spell negligence?
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #24
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter
Default Replaced the drawer under the sink.

Our Friendship came with a drawer under the sink in the kitchen that was worthless. It was shaped to fit under the and around the sinks plumbing. It had some compartments but you couldn't get silver ware in them. We built a new drawer with eight compartments. Six of them long enough to hold all the silver and long knives and two that hold Salt and Pepper, can opener etc. Mounted the original face on it and it looks like the original drawer.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:48 AM   #25
treecounter

Default Re: Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
I have a 2004 Gulfstream sunvoyager, triple slide.
In the last week I have installed a shelve in the cabinet in the bathroom.
Today I installed a shelve under the bed to hold the extra bedding. I made it so it just lifts out because also in that area is the converter and the transfer switch. Wish the bed had struts to hold it up but at the present I use a prop.
When we lifted our bed found the blocks for the slide outs were stored there the work great for holding the bed up.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #26
treecounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsadmin
Quote:
I'll bet you guys think all we do is work on our rig..... your right. We will continue to "modify" it until it is truly ours. When on a trip to Craters of the Moon last summer we needed to run our generator to have air conditioning. The exhaust came in the coach and into the next camp site. So we suffered in the heat. Looking at the system I measured the exhaust pipe and found it to be inch and a quarter. Went to HD and got ten ft. of inch and a quarter steel conduit and three unions and a 90 degree bend. About $25. Used a piece of corner brace mounted on the CB antenna and a strap to the conduit. Hooked it up and the exhaust goes up above the coach with most of the noise. Better than $135 CW wants for their PVC system. Cut the 10 ft. piece in half for easy storage. We bought a inch and a quarter PVC ninety and tried it first. It melted.
Be careful with that "solution". I am not an expert, but i know that most engines require a certain amount of back pressure, or in this case lack thereof. The exhaust extensions i have seen actually do not connect directly to the pipe but have a small gap to allows some of the pressure to release. All I am saying is that the extension of the exhaust pipe may make the engine not run to spec.
I agree with you. So I cut the pipe off and attached a three inch by eight foot piece of plastic pipe. The inch and a half runs into the three inch about a foot. The exhaust pulls cold air in at the bottom and cools the PVC. I saw the ones at CW and that was the way they are. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:47 AM   #27
treecounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsadmin
Quote:
I'll bet you guys think all we do is work on our rig..... your right. We will continue to "modify" it until it is truly ours. When on a trip to Craters of the Moon last summer we needed to run our generator to have air conditioning. The exhaust came in the coach and into the next camp site. So we suffered in the heat. Looking at the system I measured the exhaust pipe and found it to be inch and a quarter. Went to HD and got ten ft. of inch and a quarter steel conduit and three unions and a 90 degree bend. About $25. Used a piece of corner brace mounted on the CB antenna and a strap to the conduit. Hooked it up and the exhaust goes up above the coach with most of the noise. Better than $135 CW wants for their PVC system. Cut the 10 ft. piece in half for easy storage. We bought a inch and a quarter PVC ninety and tried it first. It melted.
Be careful with that "solution". I am not an expert, but i know that most engines require a certain amount of back pressure, or in this case lack thereof. The exhaust extensions i have seen actually do not connect directly to the pipe but have a small gap to allows some of the pressure to release. All I am saying is that the extension of the exhaust pipe may make the engine not run to spec.
I agree with you. So I cut the pipe off and attached a three inch by eight foot piece of plastic pipe. The inch and a half runs into the three inch about a foot. The exhaust pulls cold air in at the bottom and cools the PVC. I saw the ones at CW and that was the way they are. Thanks for the constructive criticism.