Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
martha123

Default Bolt or something pushing up through the floor

We have a 2005 Sun Voyager, quad slide and I just noticed that in front of the rear sink, there is something hard pushing up through the floor (like a bolt or something). It's going in to be looked at (also have water coming out from under the fridge). Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
martha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
nuthut

The water underneath the fridge, in my case, turned out to be the ice maker water line had frozen and split. I cannot comment on the floor.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
RayChez1

Yes, I had some water coming from under the frig a few years ago. It was coming from the tray in the back or our 1200 LRIM where the fins defrosts into and the water should discharge threw a little hose that goes to the outside and drips into a tray for evaporation. The problem was that at the end of this little hose it is pinched and allows water to flow out slow. It had gotten plugged up and nothing was draining, so the water was spilling into the refrigerator and out the bottom into the floor. I just got an ice peak and unplugged the pinched area of the hose so that it could drain. Problem solved.
Take the outside vent cover off and you will see the drain hose.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Curt Krueger

Default Bolt in floor

I too had a problem with a bolt coming out of the bathroom floor. It finally came through by a guest stepping on it. Turns out it is a very large wood screw, I have no idea what it holds but I put some thread lock on it and screwed it back down with a large srewdriver, turning it tight with a crescent wrench. I then repaired the hole in the floor with some clear vinyl repair adhesive. When it came through the floor it kind of formed a flap in the vinyl. I just pushed it down and you can hardly see it.

Curt
Old 05-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
bschiano

Send a message via AIM to bschiano

This is funny. I had both of these problems on my 2004 Sunvoyager. The bump in the bathroom is in fact a heavy duty Phillips head bolt. I cut a small piece of linolium, lifted it up and tightened the bolt so it was flush again. Then i glued the floor back down. Cant even notice it was ever cut. Use a sharp razor.
As far as the water under the fridge. The small transfer case in the outside fridge compartment that transfers water to the ice maker on demand was leaking ever so small. But enough to accumulate and come out under the fridge. It usually is a blue plastic control unit with water going in one end and water tube going up to the ice maker. It has two electric wites connected to it. Place a small bowl under it and turn the ice maker on. Check the bowl in a day or two.
bschiano is offline   Reply With Quote