Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
TNTraveler

Default Where do you store your sewer hose?

When I had my TT it was stored in the rear bumper. When I purchased current RV the owner had put a 4" pvc drain pipe in the basement and stored the sewer hose in that. It was capped on both ends. My red sewer hose won't fit for the tits on the end won't go into the pvc. I looked for a 4 1/2 or 5" dia but so far no luck. Currently I lock the both ends together, especially when its cold out and you don't want to mess with it, and store it in the basement. Looking at making something to install on the rear of the rig to store the sewer hose, less worry about germs. Looking for ideals and was wondering how you store your sewer hose
Having fun traveling.
TNTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
nuthut

Mine stays in the bottom of the water bay. No sanitary issues. There is a built-in storage for the slinky there also, but I use one that has the locking collar so the 'ears' of the collar will not fit into it.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
Fl Mike

Same as Nuthut; we have a channel in the water bay for the hose. The end with the connection hangs out a little so the whole think fits nicely. I flush the channel with water when doing the clean up (drain in the back of the channel) so it does not create a smell....

Michael
Old 02-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl Mike
Same as Nuthut; we have a channel in the water bay for the hose. The end with the connection hangs out a little so the whole think fits nicely. I flush the channel with water when doing the clean up (drain in the back of the channel) so it does not create a smell....

Michael
Same as Fl Mike and Nuthut.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl Mike

Michael
Same as Fl Mike and Nuthut.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
David Bott

We installed a Sani-con, no issue with storage of that hose.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
RayChez1

I also have a place in the water bay for the sewer hose, but I have never used it because I don't think it would fit with the end connections. I can see where a hose without the connectors would fit, but how many RVers have the hoses without the connectors? Not to many, it would be a hassle screwing on a connector everytime you use the coach. So I have never used it. They should have made it bigger in diameter so that you could store the sewer hose with the connectors on.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

WE went with the "Sewer Solution" Carry 30 ft. of hose and the fittings in the water compartment with the water hose and OS system. Use the 10 ft. 3 inch hose when we are at a "dump" station as the Sewer Solution is slow. The 3 inch is stored in the molded compartment made for it. It has only one fitting on it for connecting to the drain valve the other end just goes into the dump drain. Have had the same system for seven years..
Old 05-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
bschiano

Send a message via AIM to bschiano

Went to the plumbing supply store and purchased two pieces of 4" dia. PVC. One 5foor and the other 7 foot. Slid them both in the water bay compartment. capped with rubber ends. One end locked the other slips on and off. Now I carry two hose sizes , 10 foot and 20 foot. I also drilled small holes in the rubber ends for air circulation. Works great, hoses fit nicely, and there out of the way.
bschiano is offline   Reply With Quote