Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
CraigS

Default Power Gear Levelling System

Just wondering if anyone has any experience repairing Power Gear hydraulics?

I have a 2008 Gulf Stream Independence (Ford F53, 35') with manual Power Gear levelling system. The reservoir is full to (1/4" below top) and both hydraulic slide-outs running off the same pump work fine.

When I turn the key to the run position, all lights flash on the Power Gear control panel. The pump runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Visually the jacks appear fully retracted. Pressing on/off stops the flashing lights. The system will now stay off until the key is set to run again.

Any thoughts or experience?

Thanks, Craig
2010 Ford Focus Toad
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
amos

good timming Craig, Im having the same issue on my 07 Endura. After checking P.Gear website, all lights flashinng with no buzzer, indicates { zero} I dont know if that means zeroing the system or what? I cant get any response from power gear. hope someone on g.s. forum is level headed.it seams like my system is in emergency retract mode. all lights flash, then go out, after pushing any button then i can hear the moter running , in retract mode i think. this oonly happened after trying to relevel the coach on florida sand. I am going to try powering down to maybe reboot the system. well let you know if it works. looking for any advice or help...Amos
amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
amos

Good news craig..Try this..Hold down F&R release then depress LR{leftrear} 3 times.Depress on/off button. then turn key off..Hope this works for you..However I still cant tell you where the fuse or curicut breaker is on a07 GS Endura 6372...{G.stream manual not worth wiping with... }
amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
CraigS

Amos, You did it! My leveling jacks are working again.

My procedure is slightly different but essentially the same...

When all lights are flashing:

1. Press F and R buttons together and then release.
2. Press LR 3 times. On/Off light will now flash
3. Press On/Off until the On/Off remains on continuously. Don't turn off ignition. It will cancel the reset.

Thanks again Amos!
2010 Ford Focus Toad
Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
CraigS

Now a comment about Power Gear. Anyone who calls their customer support number will hear the following recorded message: "Thanks for contacting Power Gear. If you are a customer, contact your dealer. If you are a dealer, call our dealer support number". The answering system then hangs up. I must admit, this message did not sit well with me.

Power Gear insists they are now a component provider to MH manufacturers. As such, they have stopped dealing with MH owners directly, believing that manufacturers and dealers should deal with owners.

Power Gear doesn't want to hear from me, so please pass this on through your dealer if you have a chance: No motorhome I buy in the future will have Power Gear components. Not because their products are good or bad. It's about a principle: If they won't deal with me, I won't buy from them.

The fix to my problem came for users and not Power Gear. Am I being unreasonable to expect a manufacturer to talk with their customers?
2010 Ford Focus Toad