Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #21
RayChez1

Default Re: Flying J

Well, it is kind of depressing when I drive up to fill my coach with fuel at any station anymore. So we got to be flexible with the thread to think of the good old days when we rode our Harley's. Now you see that fuel gauge getting down to a quarter tank on our coaches and you start thinking. WELL, here goes another four or five hundred dollars. But I think that our politicians are starting to see that a lot of bad trade agreements have been made in the last two decades and that we have become too dependent of foreign oil and that something has to be done, and done soon to where this country will not have to depend on the politics of other countries. I sure hope so because most of us are retired already and just want to go out and enjoy the remaining years we have by traveling around this country, without worrying about how high fuel prices will escalate to.
Have a nice day!
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #22
RayChez1

Once a biker, always a biker. I have had five road bikes and four dirt bikes. Got out for a couple of years, but now I am getting the itch again for another Harley. But I am 68 and the W thinks maybe we are too old. But I keep telling her there are still a lot of old geezers still riding. Just think how much you save on fuel? Yea sure!
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #23
nomad

Back on topic
I have a diesel 100 gal tank
@4.00 that is 400 bucks
@5.00 that is 500 bucks

I can go where I want on two tanks and get back on the same
yeah the fuel price is dog stuff - but till the people wake up and complain it is what it is .
8000 watt Onan Generator
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #24
RayHarkness

I have an old trick I used while boating. (rather large boat that was none to nice on the fuel bill)
I stach money on a debit card...then travel...put the diesel in.......get the receipt.....stick it in my pocket..and NEVER LOOK AT IT>.or the PUMP while fueling. I DON"T WANT TO KNOW...
put the receipt in a folder........go where I want...get home....and hope we came out alive on costs!!! well..something like that. When that pump is a pumping..don't look...just pay!! ruins my trip. But then again, I had the experience of a boat that could suck gas thru like it was water.

I get depressed easily!!
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #25
PhilipJMcclain

This is really a great site. I have been reading different topics here and I really had a great time reading those posts. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #26
Texas TC

Quote:
I have an old trick I used while boating. (rather large boat that was none to nice on the fuel bill)
I stach money on a debit card...then travel...put the diesel in.......get the receipt.....stick it in my pocket..and NEVER LOOK AT IT>.or the PUMP while fueling. I DON"T WANT TO KNOW...
put the receipt in a folder........go where I want...get home....and hope we came out alive on costs!!! well..something like that. When that pump is a pumping..don't look...just pay!! ruins my trip. But then again, I had the experience of a boat that could suck gas thru like it was water.

I get depressed easily!!
Coming full circle, I could not agree with you more. That, as previously stated, is why I stay clear of Pilot and Flying J. They want me to estimate my purchase before I pump where Loves and TA do not. I don't want to think about the fuel until the trip is over. I will worry about it then.

As far as motorcycles go, I have had 10 Harley's (between DW and I), 1 BMW, two Honda's, I Kawasaki dirt bike, and a Zundap in the past 45 years. I put about 350,000 miles on those machines and just felt it was time to enjoy something else for a while.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #27
RayHarkness

your doing it right..we only live once.....I made the mistake of getting some bad fuel and broke down in mountains of West Virginia...had to get in to a repair place..BAD FUEL..learned my lesson..carry extra fuel filters..you WILL use them....
Enjoy it. Super Nova is a great rig.
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #28
dommurphy

count yourself lucky that you dont live in the uk. diesel is over £6 a gallon. wish our fuel was as cheap as yours
dommurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #29
nomad

We don't get the free medical or any other perks you get from that high tax fuel

if we did it would not be such a bitter pill
8000 watt Onan Generator
Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #30
dommurphy

i would rather go to a vet than use our free medical. dirty hospitals, botched operations........ no wonder its free mate
dommurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #31
nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommurphy
i would rather go to a vet than use our free medical. dirty hospitals, botched operations........ no wonder its free mate
You get the same stuff here only you get to pay a ton of cash for it mate or just pay on it for the rest of your life
8000 watt Onan Generator
Old 06-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #32
BikerBilly

So Texas TC...
Where did you get the Zundap ? I always wanted one just cause it is fun to say I don't have any experience with the truck plaza type stations, always avoided them on the scooters...too easy to get run over..So I thank you more experienced guys for posting opinions on different ones. I can't get the fred into the little places I'm used to so I need all the experience you guys are willing to share.

2006 fred Crescendo
300 hp Cummins
Freightliner chassis
1st R.V.
BikerBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #33
03heritagerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas TC
Quote:
just felt it was time to enjoy something else for a while.
Nuttin' sez you can't enjoy both!