Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Sudsy

Default Taillight fuse location

I accidentally shorted the taillights doing a second camera installation. I have forward running lights and side-markers. I have looked at all 4 DC fuse panels without success. Does anyone know the location? I have looked under the instrument panel at that fuse box, in the left forward compartment where my air horn compressor is. and both panels in bedroom. I couldn't find any blown fuses. There are two circuit breakers on the forward panel under the instrument panel. Right now I have shut it down completely and will power back up after dinner. Hoping that it is a breaker and it will reset after I turned batteries off.

As below. I have a 2005 Sun Voyager gas coach.

Sudsy
Old 04-18-2019, 06:45 AM   #2
Restorium

Maybe the short took out the bulbs?
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Sudsy

Default Found it!

It was located under the hood. There is a big fuse/circuit breaker panel right in front of the drivers feet. Accessed from under hood.

Sudsy
Old 04-21-2019, 01:48 PM   #4
Northof49

Hi, I have a 2000 Tourmaster and had a smilar problem and nobody in this forum could help. Gulfstream could not help. Long story short it was found: in the outside rear right (passenger) compartment. It was found inside a small black box - it was not marked.

Hope this helps.
Mike from Canada
Northof49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #5
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northof49 View Post
Hi, I have a 2000 Tourmaster and had a smilar problem and nobody in this forum could help. Gulfstream could not help. Long story short it was found: in the outside rear right (passenger) compartment. It was found inside a small black box - it was not marked.

Hope this helps.
Mike from Canada

I am glad I found it. It seems that the fuse box under the hood is part of the Workhorse Chassis in my case. It is well marked inside the cover and has a lot of basic system fuses (wipers, standard horn etc.) that are needed to make the chassis operable. I have only had this coach for a few years and every time I need to fix something it's a learning experience.

Sudsy
Old 04-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #6
mhogge

don't mean to steal this thread, but I am looing for help finding the fuse for the front clearance lights on 2004 Sunvoyager.

thanks
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:00 PM   #7
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogge View Post
don't mean to steal this thread, but I am looing for help finding the fuse for the front clearance lights on 2004 Sunvoyager.

thanks

Under the hood, right in front of the drivers seat side. Big fuse box.

Sudsy
Old 06-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
mhogge

Hey Sudsy if you are still around? Ive checked all the fuses under the hood (wish I could post a picture) With multi meter at least three times today still no headlights or front clearance lights. Ive flipped every breaker I could find. NOTHING? what am I missing?
Old 06-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #9
Sudsy

Default Storage Compartment fuses

On my coach I have a fuse panel in the forward storage compartment. There is another one under the dash (easy for me with a drivers door) and another one under the good. These are all in addition to the house hold fuses and breakers on the bed pedestal.

I chased my air horn problem to the right forward storage compartment. I don't know where all of your fuses might be. Is it a Ford chassis or a Workhorse?

I read back now. I found the fuse for the tail lights in the front under dash fuse panel. If you don't have a drivers side door I guess you put the drivers seat all the way back (ha ha) and dive under the dash. There is a carpet covered panel that just snaps in place. I found the CB wiring and also the trailer brake wiring down there too.

Have I sent you the fuse panel placards and breaker labels?

Sudsy
Old 06-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #10
mhogge

found it, 5 amp fuse under dash, Finally!

Thanks Sudsy if you get close to Chi town Ill buy you a brew.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #11
Sudsy

If you PM me an email address I will send you a copy of an email from Millie at Gulf Stream with drawings attached for each compartment. I found them very helpful.

Do you have a drivers door?

Sudsy
Old 08-01-2022, 11:50 AM   #12
BigBoyAl

Sudsy - Hoping you can help me still, email address is [email protected] if you could send me email you got from Gulfstream on fuase placards I would be grateful.
Thanks.
BigBoyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:22 PM   #13
GStream40
Site Team

Sudsy hasn't been on the forum since middle of 2020.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote