Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
Microguy

Default Question on rear ladders

My brother in law gave us this BT Cruiser, he never used it, but did loan it out at least once.

Im finding curious problems in the back end. Missing backup sensor, lights that dont (and cant) work. But I always kinda wondered about the ladder.

On ours, its straight up and down, except at the last rung, not the very bottom of the bar. At the last rung, it bends in toward the bumper noticeably, like almost cant get your foot in it.

I thought maybe thats the way they were made, but now Im leaning toward the people that borrowed it, backing into something. That would explain the odd stuff back there (like the wrong backup light, connector fits, but uses wrong contacts, it would never have worked).

Straight all the way down? Or very bottom step bent inward?
Microguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:52 AM   #2
Restorium

I would look at pictures of exact units for sale.

Oh the irony; Backed into something taking out the back up sensors.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #3
Jugster51

Default Rear ladder

I have a 2005, ladder is straight down on mine.
Jugster51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #4
jerryg401

The ladder should be straight down. You will find the tail lights to be crap...I advise you to go ahead and buy aftermarket sockets and replace them now. It will save you many hours of cursing and wondering if they are working like they were when you checked them. The factory lights are always one bump away from not working.
Wish my BT had been free! Best of luck with yours

Jerryg401
2007 BTC 5291 30' Triple Slide
2017 Terrain
North Carolina Coast
jerryg401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
Microguy

"Free"..... yeah. Costing a fortune.

But thanks for the replies. I spoke to my brother in law and indicated he ma have backed into something and bent it.

And yep, after I install the AC/DC power meters and we get back from a memorial day trip, lights are getting replaced and I'm adding some flood/backup lights. and probably some more lights in strategic locations.

The one backup light, there's no way that could work the way its installed. Basically, the light would use connectors #1 & 2, but the connecting plug uses 1 & 3. Definitely after market.
Microguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 03:53 AM   #6
Henry111

The RV ladder was a great help when I needed to do jobs on my RV like washing the roof and other minor repairs. The telescopic extension ladder with a spring lock with non-slip ribs. Takes up very little space under the motorhome when stored.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote