Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
Microguy

Default Ok, here I am....

I am Microguy. That comes from my background in electronics R&D and microprocessors (and having to come up with a name for places like this). My fiance' works in the areospace industry in QC management. We started dating around 1975, but just got back together a couple of years ago. It took 43 years, but I finally got her!

We're based in north Alabama (I was north Georgia), so we're in a good location for heading out.

My fiance's brother gave us this 2005 GS BT Cruiser 5250 last October. He bought it used, but never used it. So basically, its in good condition, but does have a few age issues (dont we all...)

So far, we have replaced the broken fuel pump on the generator, replaced the motor for the steps (which was only jammed, so spare!), replaced the ATS, replaced the broken water heater with a tankless type, replaced the rotted wood frame around the bath skylight, added multicolor LED strip lighting in the coach, added white LED strip lighting under the kitchen cabinets, replaced the kitchen sink water faucet, replaced the door lock so we would have a complete set of keys, replaced the main & window awnings, swapped out the (Winegard) satellite system from Direct to Dish, and replaced the factory radio with a GPS capable unit. And I spent a lot of time fixing the leaky roof nobody knew about. Oh, and the battery isolater circuit... Plus tons of little stuff like broken drawer latches etc…
I thinks thats it so far.

Soon to replace the ultrasonic backup alert system and install a better back up camera\screen with flood lights. And I'm sure a few other things....

We are getting to close retiring and plan on getting out and seeing the country. This should be quite suitable for the shorter trips closer to home we'll be limited to until she retires. Then, depending on how things go, we may do it full time in a bigger 5th wheel for a while, then get a cabin in the mountains.

So far, we've only been able to take it out twice, but have another trip planned soon.
Microguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #2
Restorium

Welcome! Nice to have a micro guy amongst us.

Drive it like you stole it! (free)
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #3
Frutza

Welcome, free is good, I paid for mine and still had to do repairs before 1st outing, enjoy