Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
MoeMike

Default Need to buy WHEEL WELL

Help? My husband, Mike, and I own a 2011 VISA by Gulfstream, Model 19 ERD. We must buy a wheel well for it. And, the outer trim piece/"fender" that goes onto the trailer after we install the new wheel well. WE NEED TO BUY THIS ASAP.

Any advice? Where can we order one of these, whether new or used? We live in Florida, but I suppose it could be shipped to us from where ever, yes?

Thank you!
Moe
MoeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Moe, a company named Icon makes these for the aftermarket. Do a search and find your match. They sell through Amazon too, but it's harder to search there unless you know what Icon part number you want.

Good luck!
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
elmerfud

Moe,

I went through the same thing after my axle on my 2011 Visa RGU failed and digested the right wheel well. Gulf stream has them and they don't cost too much. You need to contact an authorized Gulfstream dealer who will take your serial number and order it for you. Gulfstream will not deal direct. You need to keep the pressure on as it took me 4 months to finally get it.

Good Luck!
elmerfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:46 PM   #4
dbrownmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMike View Post
Help? My husband, Mike, and I own a 2011 VISA by Gulfstream, Model 19 ERD. We must buy a wheel well for it. And, the outer trim piece/"fender" that goes onto the trailer after we install the new wheel well. WE NEED TO BUY THIS ASAP.

Any advice? Where can we order one of these, whether new or used? We live in Florida, but I suppose it could be shipped to us from where ever, yes?

Thank you!
Moe
I'm from Canada and have the exact same travel trailer and year. A few years ago I had a tire blow out and it ripped apart the fender skirt as you say. My wheel well was ok. It was a hassle to get a replacement and it took almost a year. The problem was you cannot buy it directly from Gulfstream, you had to buy it from a dealer.
I checked all the dealers around Windsor Ontario and no one carried Gulfstream and could not get parts. I checked all the big RV national dealers around Detroit and South East Michigan. No luck there.
I went back to my dealer and they said that if I could get a part number from Gulfstream, they might be able to get it.
The next problem was that Gulfstream does not have a parts list on their website and my dealer couldn't access one either. I called Gulfstream direct two or three different times and no one would give me the time of day because I wasn't a dealer.
Finally one nice lady understood my dilemma and asked me to email the information and she said she could do her best.
I wrote the email with what I needed giving the year and the side that I needed. The next problem was for the 2011 Visa, they no longer make that fender skirt. They changed the design a couple years later when the trailer became a Vista Cruiser. (Same trailer but they introduced an additional colour from the original white and also raised the trailer by another 3 or 4 inches. The original one is just too low and I often bottom out when going up a gas station ramp etc. Anyway she said that the new skirt comes down a little lower and might not fit.
She sent me the part number and my dealer was able to order it. It came a couple of weeks later and although it looks totally different, I figured you only look at one side at a time so I installed it. As it turns out if fit perfectly even using the same screw holes. I had the old one off and the new one on and caulked in less than an hour and a half. Good luck.
dbrownmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:02 PM   #5
Scott K.

We are new to the TT life, just bought a 2013 VISA 19ERD - never used - and love it. Unfortunately, on our first outing, had a tire blowout that destroyed the fender skirt (door side). Still working on getting a replacement. Called Gulfstream and they gave the part number as 081AF7. We have to go through a dealer to buy it. They said it is not a perfect replicate, but close enough. So we shall see! Hope things work out for you - and us!
Scott K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #6
Scott K.

Default Sway control

Currently researching sway control systems for our VISA 19ERD. Looking at the Fastway e2 weight distribution w/2 point sway control, 6,000lb GTW, 600 lb. TW. Cost is $363. Does not use chains. It allows for backing up the trailer without disconnecting the unit, which sounds great. Any suggestions on what works best for the 19ERD?
Scott K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:21 AM   #7
Philipclopez
Gone traveling

Boto tire features a quiet tread that’ll ensure your trips remain as peaceful as possible. It’s an aspect that appeals to me greatly because I get headaches frequently, and bumpy driving experiences would aggravate those issues.
Philipclopez is offline   Reply With Quote