Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
megafun

Question New Gulf Stream Owner

Hello GS, TT owners. I just ordered a Vista Cruiser 23 mbs. Looking forward to some new adventures. We're down sizing from a class A, but would appreciate any words of wisdom you can provide. I specifically wanted to know if anyone uses the back bumper to carry bikes. It certainly looks to be a different bumper than most TT. Unfortunately kind of wimpy. Concerns, experiences? What alternative solution do you use if not the back bumper? Also, the 23 mbs is a Murphy Bed set up. Never had one of these before. Appreciate feedback from anyone who has one. Positive or negative, either is OK. Mine now to deal with!
megafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
Flower

We have a Vista 19BFD with a Murphy bed that converts to a dinette table.We did not like the three section folding mattress that was the first thing we replaced with a one piece mattress. We also replaced the small plastic sink with a larger stainless steel sink in the kitchen and replaced the antenna. We like the camper wish it had 15" wheels though and a little stronger axle. We have had no problems with it everything has worked well nothing has broken we also like all the interior storage. We also like the construction with the azdel in the side walls and the kitchen counter top was made with plywood not MDF.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #3
CapsFanChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafun View Post
I specifically wanted to know if anyone uses the back bumper to carry bikes. It certainly looks to be a different bumper than most TT. Unfortunately kind of wimpy. Concerns, experiences? What alternative solution do you use if not the back bumper?
I am guessing from your description that you have a c channel rear bumper like my 19rgu does. I wish they had gone with a 4" square like most bigger rigs have as they are way more versatile. Your best bet is a universal frame mount receiver that mounts underneath. Then just add an RV approved hitch rack (rv approved racks usually don't have tilts or anything and remain stable on the back of a trailer that bounces around way more than the back of the car.) Personally I prefer the bike racks that go on the front of the rig. They make one that goes on the tongue lift tower and also make units that go above your propane tanks. You could also have the dealer upgrade your bumper to a 4" square. Then you can store your sewer hose in there too if you buy some end caps.
CapsFanChris is offline   Reply With Quote