Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
TNTraveler

Default 1999 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager - M8362 SVB - Just purchase

Just purchase my first class 'A' and love it. Thou it does have some problems, but they can be fixed. The owner had a lot of manuals but not the ones that I need. If someone out there has a manual for this model, will cover the cost to have a copy. I tried Gulf Stream website but they don't go back that far. Things I would like to know is "How do you start the water heater", 'What size full tank, gray water tank, black water tank and fresh water tank. If you know the answer please email me or post them in the forum. Thank You.

[email protected]

Leo
Having fun traveling.
TNTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: 1999 Gulf Stream M8362 SVB - Just purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTraveler
Just purchase my first class 'A' and love it. Thou it does have some problems, but they can be fixed. The owner had a lot of manuals but not the ones that I need. If someone out there has a manual for this model, will cover the cost to have a copy. I tried Gulf Stream website but they don't go back that far. Things I would like to know is "How do you start the water heater", 'What size full tank, gray water tank, black water tank and fresh water tank. If you know the answer please email me or post them in the forum. Thank You.

[email protected]

Leo
Would like to help you, but what is a M8362 SVB class A coach? Does it have a name? Like Sun voyager or Scenic Cruiser or TourMaster or something else?
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
TNTraveler

Default 1999 Gulf Stream M8362 SVB - Just purchase

OOPS Forgot to put the model in the listing. It's a Sun Voyager.
Having fun traveling.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
quikduk

The SVB stands for Sun Voyager Bus. If you have an 8362, you have the "Platinum" edition. As such, it should come with a 45 gal gray water tank, a 45 gal black water tank and a 100 gal fresh water tank.

The water heater should be a 10 gal DSI (digital spark ignition) and has two options for heating the water, gas (propane) or electric. The gas comes on (auto lights) via a switch over the stovetop in the "master control center" for lack of a better name. The electric only works with 30A or 50A service plugged in. Make sure that there is water with no air in the water heater (turn the water pump on or hook up the city water line (not to fill the tank but to pressurize the system) and purge the air via running the faucets (all) a bit). The electric requires that a switch be turned to "on" behind the exterior WH cover and an internal lighted rocker switch be turned on (after plugging into the 30A or 50A at the pedestal.

IF you turn on the electric without water in the tank, you will burn out the element instantly and have to replace it (about $25-$35) if I remember correctly.

Re: the manuals, which ones do you need? I have all of mine but will have to go to the MH to get them as it is still in the shop.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
frank

i would like a copy as well
Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #6
Dexter

Default Manuals

there has been talk on this site about Gulfstream releasing info such as wiring and plumbing layout. Does anyone know where this information can be obtained. I too have the 1999 SVB 8362. I was able to get the manual such as it is from gulf stream. I will forward there e-mail to me with manual attachment. But I don't believe it will have any of the answers you need. I send it only to show you what poor quality the manual is.
"ROLL TIDE" WE ARE #1
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
Dexter

Default 1999 Gulfstream

I found the designation 8362 inside the cabinite above the sink. If someone could show this old guy how to post it on the site I would. For now give me your e-mail and I will send it to any and all.
"ROLL TIDE" WE ARE #1
Old 12-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
TNTraveler

I want to thank all of you for the response you have given me. I found the information use full in my use of the RV and have enjoyed it. I finally was able to contact a person at Gulf Stream that was quit helpful in giving me the company supplier of various items that need replacing the company's them selves were thoughtful and nice about selling the replacement items. I have enjoy me RV very much since I have it in good running and looking order. Again thanks to all of you for your response. Maybe some day our paths will cross.
Having fun traveling.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
jetliner

All,

I also just bought a 99 Diesel Sun Voyager. Love the unit and the engine is pristine. However, I have not been able to get the furnace going at all. We froze our tails off driving the unit thru Wyoming on our way to the east coast with temperatures at 0 degrees. Has anyone ever had a problem with it that could perhaps give me some pointers on where to start? Thanks in advance
jetliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
rob

Default 99 sunvoyager

I also have a 99 sunvoyager, I installed a Vent Free Infrared Propane Heater.
It really works good. It doesn't use electric and it is really good on propane.
As a matter of fact I am having trouble with my furnance also. My burner stays on for about a minute then it cuts out, I am wondering if it is the burner itself or maybe just dirty.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #11
Dexter

Default infared heater

where did you put you heater i would love to do the same . Also heat for the water system comes from the furnace. I guess you could put a small cermic heater down there. For use when on shore or gen.
"ROLL TIDE" WE ARE #1
Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
rob

Default heater

My heater is on a stand, that way I can move it out of the way when not in use. I connected it to the back of the fridge with a connector to the propane line. It sits between the table and the fridge. When hooked up to power I turn the fan on in the bedroom if it gets to warm and that circulate the heat through out the coach. Be sure to get the type that has a thermostat. I also prefer the brick not the blue flam type, it seems to have less propane fumes.
I wouldn't be with out one. I would be careful with heat in the basement area.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #13
Beaufort NC

Default Re: 1999 Gulf Stream M8362 SVB - Just purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTraveler
Would like to help you, but what is a M8362 SVB class A coach? Does it have a name? Like Sun voyager or Scenic Cruiser or TourMaster or something else?
From a quick Google search, it looks like it's a Sun Voyager.
Workhorse chassis
Cummins 330 ISC
Toad: 2015 Jeep GC Summit
Beaufort NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #14
jetliner

Rob,

We replaced a time relay on the furnace and the system worked well. However, the furnace would not shut off so we replaced the thermostat by the kitchen area and that fixed it. The furnace shuts off when the desired temperature is reached and will shut off within a minute of shutting the system off.

I wish however for more airflow into the bedroom area. The outlet on the toilet has fantastic pressure, but I'd rather redirect some of that into the bedroom. I'd rather find a solution to the airflow than get a ceramic heater.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #15
rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetliner
Rob,

We replaced a time relay on the furnace and the system worked well. However, the furnace would not shut off so we replaced the thermostat by the kitchen area and that fixed it. The furnace shuts off when the desired temperature is reached and will shut off within a minute of shutting the system off.

I wish however for more airflow into the bedroom area. The outlet on the toilet has fantastic pressure, but I'd rather redirect some of that into the bedroom. I'd rather find a solution to the airflow than get a ceramic heater.
When I bought my mh I had the same problem and found the air duck was not connected to the furnace that went to the bedroom, the hose was to short and had never been hooked up.

on that time relay, what was it doing before u replaced that?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #16
jetliner

Rob,

The furnace was not working at all. I thought perhaps the pilot wasn't lit and even changed the batteries (which were needed anyway) but that didn't fix it. Took the rig to the shop and they found a bad time relay right away. Replaced that and it worked.

I do get some (very little) airflow into that single heat vent in the bedroom, but is hardly sufficient to heat the bedroom. Were you not getting any air at all? I actually feel some heat coming out, but hardly any air pressure. I'll check the hose just in case.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #17
rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetliner
Rob,

The furnace was not working at all. I thought perhaps the pilot wasn't lit and even changed the batteries (which were needed anyway) but that didn't fix it. Took the rig to the shop and they found a bad time relay right away. Replaced that and it worked.

I do get some (very little) airflow into that single heat vent in the bedroom, but is hardly sufficient to heat the bedroom. Were you not getting any air at all? I actually feel some heat coming out, but hardly any air pressure. I'll check the hose just in case.
Yes I had a little air and heat, i bet you also have a hose off or blocked. is your mh a galley slide also?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #18
jetliner

[/quote]Yes I had a little air and heat, i bet you also have a hose off or blocked. is your mh a galley slide also?[/quote]

I'll check the hoses for sure because I'd certainly love not to use a portable heater there. My slide out is actually on the left side across from the kitchen/Fridge, etc. I really appreciate sharing your experience with the same problems.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
TNTraveler

It looks like ever one on this topic has a 99 Cummings 275 diesel. Has anyone put a banks system or thinking about putting one on? Also another question, how many miles on a gallon of fuel are u getting? I'm getting 10 mpg and think I could get more. Interesting.
Having fun traveling.