Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-29-2018, 06:42 PM   #1
Boho

Default 04 Sun Voyager manual slide operation

I have recently purchased a 2004 37ft Sun Voyager with 2 slides. Both slides are hydraulic and I can't seem to find a way to manually operate them if it becomes necessary. Also where is the hydraulic oil fill? This a workhorse with a GMC gas engine.
Boho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boho View Post
I have recently purchased a 2004 37ft Sun Voyager with 2 slides. Both slides are hydraulic and I can't seem to find a way to manually operate them if it becomes necessary. Also where is the hydraulic oil fill? This a workhorse with a GMC gas engine.

Try This. This is what I have on my 2005. I have 3 slides but the rear bedroom slide is electric.

Sudsy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power Geaar Hydraulic Leveling and rooms.pdf (969.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #3
mhhorowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boho View Post
We have a 2004 Friendship so a different coach; however, our fill near the center of the storage area of the coach. Look for the hydraulic hoses and follow them to the area where they are bunched up. You may have a box covering the pump. the pump and control box will be there. Be careful not to overfill the fluid.
mhhorowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhorowi View Post
We have a 2004 Friendship so a different coach; however, our fill near the center of the storage area of the coach. Look for the hydraulic hoses and follow them to the area where they are bunched up. You may have a box covering the pump. the pump and control box will be there. Be careful not to overfill the fluid.

On my 05 Sun Voyager the Hydraulic service center with the pump and all the valves are behind the third door on the right drivers side. The fluid level should be within 1 inch of the top of the reservoir . The fill port is near the front right corner. Mine is a silver knurled knob.

Get the correct oil. YThe unit may have been serviced with ATF if so use ATF (red color) mine has the manufacturer oil in it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let us know if you figure this out.

Sudsy
Old 08-06-2018, 12:26 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

and make sure you have a tool/ pipe to use as handle for the pump; smart too get this all in your head in the driveway before getting stuck in a campground.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:26 AM   #6
Sudsy

Default Handle

My handle rides in a clip right on the side of the unit.

Sudsy
Old 08-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #7
mhogge

My 05 sun Voyager has an Equalizer system that operates two slides and levelers, bedroom closet slide is electrical.
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #8
neondon

Mine is a 2004 Friendship 41'. The pump is located in the middle of the compartment forward of out fresh water tank, behind the water heater. I had to pump in the left side slides once. The handle for the manual jack should be 5/8" outside diameter, though 1/2" will work. Turn the silver knurled knob 2 turns CCW to allow the manual pump to work. Ours is "newer", so turning the small slotted screws for each oil circuit then opens the electric solenoid valves, one for each motion.

Our unknown issues were three electric interlocks preventing normal operation of pump and valves:
- Driver's seat fully forward
- Battery condition (probably voltage)
- Park brake set
Knowing this, and after lubrication of moving parts below with spray silicone, everything works great.
neondon is offline   Reply With Quote