Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #1
Towboy

Default winegard antenna

Have a 2005 scenic cruiser anyone know if the winegard antenna is connected to all the tv's. I have an avs200 switcher also in the coach seems I cannot get any standard antenna stations. Is there some sort of splitter somewhare in the coach

Thanks, John
Old 03-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
tarheel

Default Re: winegard antenna

John-
Do you have your antenna booster on?
Old 03-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Chuck v

I agree with Tarheel -- the antenna selection between the Winegard roof mount and the park coax jack in the bay where the external phone connection is located will be made by the state of the antenna amplifier switch. It is shown as the block in the lower left of this diagram...

You have to have the switch in the position where the red light comes on to use the roof antenna on my coach -- maybe the same on yours as well... Often this switch plate has a cigarette lighter socket on it also, so it should be easy enough to find.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Towboy

I did push the small red switch on the plate but still no TV The antenna wire from that plate goes to the input on the surround sound ,there is also a cable coax going too the surround sound, so would i have to turn the avs 200 on and select the proper setting to view from the antenna? Sat box goes to back of avs 200 to sat terminals and so does the surround sound/dvd/vcr combo player plugs into dvd connections on back of avs 200 no wires to the aux or vcr. 4 cables from the back of avs 200 go to all the tv locations marked tv1,tv2,tv3,tv4.

Thanks John
Old 03-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
Dennis4809

Is the coax connected to the tv? Should be antenna to splitter to tv.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
mile-high-endura

Are your TV's digital? My 05 didn't come with digital tvs so I've replace the main tv. It's the only one I get over the air channels on.

Jeff
mile-high-endura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #7
Chuck v

Jeff,

My 2007 Tourmaster did not have full HD TVs either, so I put a Visio in the bedroom and a Samsung in the living area...both have the ability to work off the roof antenna or the park jack -- depending on the position of the switch on the amplifier panel. Here is that thread from when I did that modification: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2471

Did you do the install on your HDTV? If so, how did you change the routing of the coax cables?

Chuck

Old 03-11-2014, 06:50 AM   #8
Towboy

Bedroom TV is mounted inside the dresser so I cannot get to the rear to see the connection but there is a tv location above the drivers seat that only has a coax connector on a wall plate. The main tv is the cinema with the dropdown screen ,nothing in the basement.

I do not see the splitter anwhere that connects the coax to all the tv locations. Inside the entertainment center is the winegard plate mounted to the sidewall the coax coming in from the auto dishthat plugs into the rear of the direct tv receiver and a coax that connects to the rear of the surround sound( think it might be the campground cable) and the winegard also goes to the connection right next to that cable on the surround sound. There are video and audio outs from the surround sound that connect to the avs 200 switchers dvd terminals and the audio/video outs from the direct tv receiver connect to the sat terminals on the rear of the avs 200 switcher. Hope this makes it more clear.

John Thanks!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #9
Beaufort NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v

You have to have the switch in the position where the red light comes on to use the roof antenna on my coach -- maybe the same on yours as well... Often this switch plate has a cigarette lighter socket on it also, so it should be easy enough to find.

Chuck
So we have a 2006 Crescendo with 67k on it that we brought brand new, hundreds of nights in it, and before tonight I could never figure out why the Cable TV input would not work ! Sir, I thank the hell out of you! A big tip 'o the Wenk (green St. Patty's) hat!!!

I assume that you would feed a satellite dish that way too, right?
Workhorse chassis
Cummins 330 ISC
Toad: 2015 Jeep GC Summit
Beaufort NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
Chuck v

Jenn and Pete,

It remains completely amazing that Gulf Stream did not do a better job of documenting the features of and procedures for these coaches. Imagine the high level of satisfaction that could have been achieved...

You might be able to connect a 'carry-out' satellite dish at the park coax plate but I have never tried it. Let us know what you find when you do -- it is up to the members of this site to fill in the knowledge base where GS failed to inform.

Chuck