Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #21
jshelley13

Default Re: Removing TV 07 Tour Master

thks Dick, what do you yhink about the batwing?

Jim
jshelley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #22
tarheel

Jim-
My batwing antenna works fine as long as I have the booster button on. I'm assuming that you have the booster on when using the batwing.
Dick
Old 09-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #23
jshelley13

yes, I have the booster,...will keep checking, looks like a new tv.....

thks
Jim
jshelley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #24
LCAUFFIELD

Default Re: Removing TV 09 Tour Master

I have a 2009 Gulfstream Tourmaster Constellation I am trying to remove the front tv on right side. There is no wood trim around the tv but a small shelf below tv. Has anyone changed out their front tv, mine is a Sansui with some type of a wall bracket but I cant get to it. There is some small pin with a ring on it, but it will not move. Any help will be appreciated
Lex
LCAUFFIELD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:50 PM   #25
Chuck v

Lex,

I am not familiar with the TV mount on the 2009 Constellation, but many flat panel wall mounts have a pin release for allowing it to swing freely to be re-positioned when the vehicle is not in motion. Can you post some pictures?

Since this post started some years ago I have again changed out my front TV for a larger JVC unit that is suspended by a wall arm bracket and held in front of the cabinet opening -- it is large enough so it needs to moved to one side or the other to fully open the right door to the media center or the left hand door to the storage over the steps.

...sorry for the poor quality cellphone image...

Chuck

Well I don't know why the picture did not post -- this site has always been a bother as it does not allow embedded images...
here is a link: http://www.gsowners.com/attachments/...2884c0e8b.html

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #26
GulfStream1

I do not have a TourMaster, but I have the Scenic Cruiser 2002 and the front television a SamSung was held by to steel brackets on the sides of the television that anchor on to the TV, plus it also has a strap that goes around the top. You can get to it from the back side between the box and the windshield. Also on the front as you remove the molding around you will see it also has another plate on the bottom that helps to secure the movement of the TV.
GulfStream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #27
Shadowsteeler

Default grill material

Chuck,

Where did you source the grill material?

Thank you,

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Dick,

I did a similar "adjustment" to the cherry wood frame that held in the original front Jensen TV -- what I found particularly useful was the quarter-round trim that is sold to be used with hardwood flooring. This molding is pre-finished, and available in a stain that is quite close to the existing cabinetry. I just used it on the two side portions of the existing frame as the opening was a bit too wide for the new Samsung TV.

I mounted the TV as high as possible in the opening, which left the most room for a grill at the lower edge to let the speakers be heard. I used the mount boss from the Samsung's pedestal, but screwed it to a block of wood about 6 inches long and 2.75 inches square that I drilled with a hole saw to accept the mount boss. This wood block is then cross screwed into the frame member at the rear of the cabinet and everything is very solid. I painted this wood block black and used a black grill such that the opening is visually subtle and looks like it should be there.

This Samsung TV is the same three inches thick as the earlier Jensen, so the wooden "picture frame" holds everything in place pretty much the same as the factory installation.

The bedroom TV was much more of a custom fit. I mounted the Vizio 26 inch unit on the OUTSIDE of the framed box that held the little Jensen, but used a VESA mount from CW to attach it firmly to the rear panel of the box. This method allowed the edge mounted controls of the TV to be accessed if the remote should fail for any reason... This TV is very thin and looks fine on the outside of the frame. The speakers on this Vizio are on the front and did not need any special consideration for this application. A little foam weatherstripping made the two side edges look finished if you should peer around the TV far enough, and the top is open enough to let out what little heat this set generates. Then the whole box+TV combination was remounted in the vanity cabinet using the existing screws in the corner of the wooden frame. I added a small DVD player with HDMI output in the upper vanity cabinet adjacent to and just right of the TV as that was where AC power is prewired, this gives me a source of 'real' HDTV content in addition to the ATSC, since there is no HDMI cabling from elsewhere in the coach. Of course I also used the existing coax for the antenna connection and the video/audio connections from the front A/V selector just as they had been used for the little Jensen that was removed.

Chuck
Shadowsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:22 PM   #28
Chuck v

Kevin,

The grill shown under the Samsung TV in post #10 on the first page of this thread was a plastic topper panel for a rain gutter that happened to be in a dark charcoal color. I think I paid less than $5 for it at a Lowe's or Home Depot.

The later TV that I mounted in the front of the coach was larger and made by JVC -- that one was on an articulated mount that I locked in place most of the time but it needed to move to one side or the other to access the cabinet doors that it otherwise eclipsed. I will try to attach picture here...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JVC in TourMaster.jpg (136.1 KB, 8 views)

Old 03-22-2021, 02:08 PM   #29
silvereagle

Adding an articulating tv mount bolted directly to steel supports works great even room for our pc behind it in our 2008 tourmaster

silvereagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #30
Chuck v

Nice install...!! What size screen is that? -- looks a bit bigger than the JVC I used in my coach. These contemporary flat screens are light enough to allow for creative mounting alternatives for sure.

Chuck