Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Lbartguy

Default Just bought our first coach 2000 scenic cruiser

My wife and I just bought this coach. We are very excited!! Does anybody know where the fuses are for the horns up top?? Or how to truble shoot them?? Funny everything else works on the coach but those darn horns!!! Will post a pic after I figure out how to use this site better. We are located in laguna beach ca.

Mark
Lbartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Just bought our first coach 2000 scenic cruiser

On my Scenic Cruiser all the fuses are in the front compartment drivers side. But I was wondering if you just have the selector switch on regular automobile sounding horn. On my coach on the right hand dash are some switches and on one of those switches you can select regular horn or air horns. I have it selected for air horns all the time.
Hope you like your Scenic Cruiser, we love ours. Being a very good coach so far. Bought it brand new in April of 2003
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
J79Engine

Congrats, you sound excited and that is good I hope all your Motorhome outings are good experiences for you. We have had our 2005 Sunvoyager 15 months and still like it, just wish we could spend more time out on sightseeing with it but retirement time will come soon enough. For now we just improve and test as we take short runs. Flat screen TV, Blue Ray, Direcct satilite, Toad hookup, and two new recliner chairs.

regards;
Mike S
J79Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J79Engine
Congrats, you sound excited and that is good I hope all your Motorhome outings are good experiences for you. We have had our 2005 Sunvoyager 15 months and still like it, just wish we could spend more time out on sightseeing with it but retirement time will come soon enough. For now we just improve and test as we take short runs. Flat screen TV, Blue Ray, Direcct satilite, Toad hookup, and two new recliner chairs.

regards;
Mike S

LOL! Remember when camping was going out with a tent and roughing it out when we were young. Now we have these luxury vehicles with three or four televisions and we call this camping. I think we are spoiled!
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
J79Engine

Well, you really can't call this camping, my Manager who has a 20 year old Popup says we are not campers. He and his wife hike all the time even during the Winter months down in Tennessee, a few times coming real close to MaMa Bear and her cubs. So I just tell any who ask we are going RVing rather then camping. But yes we are all spoiled but who is complaining you don't get instant replays on life and you can't take it with you when you leave for your next higher altitude life eventure!

Mike S USAF (Ret)
F4 Phantom-J79 Engine
J79Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
RayHarkness

There could also be issues with those rocker switches. If they are not used over time, they tend to get internal corroding. This happens to the Air Horn rocker switch, an dother siwtches. (I find the rocker switches just inside the entry door-often don't work correclty...kind of iffy..if that makes sense.)

Old trick I learned from a 2 way radio technician. Swtiches and get greasy or "crudded" up inside them. Those dash switches, its good to work them often. Just swtich them on and off..back and forth..etc. The ones inside our door, I work them as much as I can. The trick also is to make sure the power is on to them. I would try pushing on the Horn ring switch (on the streering wheel) WHILE moving or working the switch. The power flow will push "thru" and make the switch clean some. It works...
if this makes sense....push the steering wheel trigger (bar) and then work the rocker swtich. It can often clean it out and work better.

That being said, I am having problems with the switch bar on the steering wheel, tripping while I drive. Its just great drive up to somebody, turn the wheel, and the air horns blast! Not user friendly..get dirty looks..I have to get down in there, take wheel off and get to that switch..I am sure the gap or tolerances are too close causing it to trip...

fyi..r
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
RayChez1

I wonder if the original poster got his air horns to work and if it was just the rocker switch that he didn't know about.

It is nice to find out if his problem was solved or not.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
RayHarkness

YES>.I agree....and..how he got it fixed if he did....Its all good information for all of us.
AT least we can still trade information and "stories"...!!!
R
Old 06-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
Lbartguy

I am the air horn problem guy, sorry I have not checked this blog in awhile. Here is what I learned inside the generator compartment on the drivers side is the relay for then air horns to operate.I was told that if the regular horn switch works this may be the problem. I have yet to break out the voltage tester but plan on doing so shortly. Thank you for the heads up on the panel switch. The V.P. At gulf stream in Indy was very helpful with this issue. I did get up on the roof and polished them both last week r.v.ing so at least the look good!!! I will update after I track it down further. Thanks for the help!!
Mark
Lbartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
RayHarkness

good luck.....at least they look nice now!!! thats half the battle!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
RayHarkness

Update. On recent trip, on our Scenic Cruiser, I was losing air pressure severally in Front Air System. I mean..big time. Couldn't find the problem, called Freighliner. they show up, we checked everything underneath. (I do not wish to take chances with air brakes NOT working right) Hissing could be heard in the front. Ran out Generator, and hissing was LOUD. Checked up to the right (looking in at the generator) in front of Driver, on the generator side of the firewall, there was a small white cylinder. Had two wires into it. THIS WAS LEAKING big time. FYI...very common on motorhomes, that use elec solenoid to trip the air horns. We snipped the wires for temporary fix. Unscrewed the air line that went over and up the side of windshield to the air horns on the roof. We unscrewed this solenoid from a manifold that had like 4 outlets to obtain airpressure from the front air systems. I had to go get a brass plug to goop up and screw into it, and seal that manifold. FYI. That plug was Brass LP Gas fitting plug, matched up to the solenoid threads. All is well. Emergency fix. I will make sure I get another solenoid, and KEEP THIS PLUG HANDY>.....so..if this helps anybody. They can NOT work, or totally leak....Ray
Old 04-11-2016, 01:18 PM   #12
chignitions

I just got on of those rare birds Scenic Cruiser 2000 last week and drove it down from Dallas to West Palm Beach ,FL.
It has a Spartan Chassis, 330HP Cummins and 6 Automatic Allison Transmission.
It run real nice no hiccups . It gets 8MPG.
I am wondering if someone can scan the owner manual and post or send to [email protected].
I do not have any kind of manuals.

Also did anyone tried the MP8 Programmer that gives more power and better MPG?

Can Anyone tell me all buttons on Left side after the mirror adjustment knob.
The spot light...does that suppose to look only on the back?

here is my Cell if someone can call me and walk me through the control panel, and the Power set-up on the top, charging, inverter,sharing.
Does the generator suppose to autostart when battery gets low.

here is my number: 651 927 6171

Thanks
Adrian

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00.jpg (156.2 KB, 1146 views)
File Type: jpg 08.jpg (166.4 KB, 1146 views)
File Type: jpg 39.jpg (161.2 KB, 1146 views)
File Type: jpg 74.jpg (167.3 KB, 1147 views)
Old 04-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #13
RayChez1

Hello Chignitions,

On my 2002 Scenic Cruiser all it has in front of the parking brake is one switch for the Jacob retarder. I believe on yours some of the rocker switches that are on the right hand dash were laid out on where the retarder switch is. But any switch should have a small picture as to what they are for.

Now the spot light has a joy stick right next to the little green off/on switch. If you want the spot light to point in certain direction, you just move that joy stick which ever way you want it to point the light. Then ahead of it is a small switch for the heaters on the mirrors.

The ECONO switch you press it once you are on the road. But honestly I do not believe it gives any better fuel mileage, the only thing it does is when you start going up long grades it does not shift as often. I actually take it off when climbing so that the transmission does not lug down.

All the DC fuses are on the first compartment under the drivers seat. You should have a schematic drawing on the compartment walls showing what each fuse represents. There are also two medal boxes with covers that have more fuses in them and the schematic is inside the box covers.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 04-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #14
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbartguy
My wife and I just bought this coach. We are very excited!! Does anybody know where the fuses are for the horns up top?? Or how to truble shoot them?? Funny everything else works on the coach but those darn horns!!! Will post a pic after I figure out how to use this site better. We are located in laguna beach ca.

Mark
The DC fuses are on the first compartment under the drivers side. Schematic should be on the compartment walls for the exposed fuses that you can see, but there are some more fuses inside the two big medal boxes and the schematic is on the inside of the cover of those two six inch boxes. The fuse for the air horns might be in there.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 01-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #15
eegenoli2

Default Air horns

You do know there is a switch on the air horns I think it is on the dash.
eegenoli2 is offline   Reply With Quote