Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
jberndt

Default PLEASE help me with 2008 TM slideout motor location

I have a 2008 Tour Master with the 16 foot full wall slide. All of a sudden the front part of the slide will not go out. The back portion goes out a few inches and puts the wall in a bind. So I think it's either the front motor or the shear pin on the front motor but I cannot find the stupid thing! Can anyone tell me where the front slide out motor is located?

Only other piece of information I have is that the water tank fell half way down in the storage area. That was caused by a factory defect. Whoever put the braces in for the tank stripped one of the bolts and caused three of the brackets to pop out. I have the water tank back in correctly but then the slide out just stopped working. The slide out did work two times after I remounted the water tank. The slide out motor is NOT located above the water tank.

HELP please if you can.
jberndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
rescue7

Default Re: PLEASE help me with 2008 TM slideout motor location

The front slide is hydraulic runs from the unit in the small door next to water heater on drivers side. there are electrical solenoids in there that could have gotten wet when the water tank fell.

don
Old 09-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
jberndt

The water heater is on the passenger side of my coach (T 40F) and the entire wall on the drivers side is one slide. There are two electric powergear motors that operate the slide. I just can't find where the motor is...
Jack
Old 09-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
jberndt

So I will answer my own question. On the TM full wall slide, the front motor on the slide out is above the compartment right behind the left front wheel. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET TO IT WITHOUT CUTTING THE TOP OUT OF THE LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT! What a horrible design. I put the 2008 TM on ramps and crawled in between the frame rails to try to reach it. I called GS several times and "Jim" told me there was only one motor. He was less than helpful. If you have a problem with the front motor on your slide out - good luck!