Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
kscaddo

Default Gulf Streamers Club

Is there anything to this "GulfStreams Club" anymore? The website seems kind of dated, as far as the Texas chapter, application, etc.
Regards,
Ken
Old 12-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
holmesaw

Gulfstreamers international recreational vehicle club
http://streamers.gulfstreamcoach.com/ is alive and well.
Individual chapter websites are maintained by each chapter. Some are better than others. Texas Freedom Streamers does not list a website but list rally schedules.
FMCA Gulfstreamers International
Good Sam
holmesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
Jim

it looks to me that the chapters are all that is left, As for me I can see no point in paying dues to gulfstreamer any more because they are doing nothing for the members. Why pay money and get nothing in return, no more back home ralleys. As for me I see them doing nothing to help the members. At the last 2 Rv shows they had no class a motor homes and the displays were thin on units. How long do they plan on hanging on.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
holmesaw

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are wrong. GS is still holding rallys. We attended the end of summer rally in Michigan and had a wonderful time. Just because there was no back home in indiana does not mean they are doing nothing for you.
Good Sam
Old 01-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Jim

you may see by them holding one ralley is doing something I don't. Next year I for one is not going to stay with gulfstreamers along with many more. The showing they made at 2 RV shows make one wonder if they are going to be around.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
Timothy

It seems that Gulf Steam is focusing on towables and lightweights. Large expensive motor homes are not selling in this economy. When the economy picks up I think you'll see the Class A's come back.
The new Visa line is selling very well, as I understand the dealers have waiting lists for them.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
Jim

Longview has new class A and C that have been on the lot for 2 years, no new stock in the Gulfstream line, but new class A's in Newmar? does that look like a company that is coming back or just hanging on?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
holmesaw

I think you should buy the Newmar. Don't continue to come on here knocking Gulfstream. If you don't like them, buy something else.
Good Sam
Old 01-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
Jim

you may call it knocking, it is putting out the facts, if you can't stand the facts don't read it and keep on supporting a dead club.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #10
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
you may call it knocking, it is putting out the facts, if you can't stand the facts don't read it and keep on supporting a dead club.
Jim, I believe you are out of line and misinformed. Any company that would make a line that is not selling and dealers are not ordering is a company that is headed for failure. That is what happened to Fleetwood, Monaco, Alfa and others.

Gulf Stream is doing very well in the towable and smaller motorhomes. The bigger class A's are not selling due to the current economy like they were a few years ago. Just look at the dealers that have went out of business. There are many Class A's sitting on the lots that are two and three years old that they cannot sell, NO buyers.

As far as the Gulfstreamers International, it is ran and sponsored by Gulf Stream. GS has had to cut back due to lower sells and profits. The work force is much smaller than it used to be. GS cannot afford to spent the money in the club as they did in the past, BUT the Gulfstreamers International is still alive and when the profit/manufacturing increases, the Gulfstreamers International will increase it's activity. That is only common sense and to be a negative as you are doing is not the thing to do as an Gulf Stream owner that has invested in the company with your past purchase. It hurts everyone.

You have to remember that many things that the club does is also sponsored/supported by the suppliers to Gulf Stream. They are also hurting during this slow period of sells and manufacturing.

All one has to do is look at the campgrounds/RV parks here in Florida. The one that were are in is only about 60% full. Up until about two years ago, it was always near 100%. So that means that either there are a lot less Snowbirds or a lot less RVer's spenting the winters in warmer climates. You need to look at the whole picture, bad economy, lower sells, less $$$$$ to spent for a RV club.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Jim

from what I see I see no point and staying in the gulfstream club. I don't belong to a chapter and don't intend to, also I see no BHII in the works for a while, so by the time they do have one I may not own a Gulfstream motor home. Also the information I have on this comes from many former member who feel the same way and do not plan on paying any more dues.
And as for Fla camp grounds the ones I have been in are full and people are saying put and not moving.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
from what I see I see no point and staying in the gulfstream club. I don't belong to a chapter and don't intend to, also I see no BHII in the works for a while, so by the time they do have one I may not own a Gulfstream motor home. Also the information I have on this comes from many former member who feel the same way and do not plan on paying any more dues.
And as for Fla camp grounds the ones I have been in are full and people are saying put and not moving.
Whatever!!! You probably should buy a Tiffin and join the Les Fest group!!!
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #13
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Longview has new class A and C that have been on the lot for 2 years, no new stock in the Gulfstream line, but new class A's in Newmar? does that look like a company that is coming back or just hanging on?
I think it's sound business sense on Gulfstreams part. It would be foolish for them to produce a product that's not selling. As I said the towable market is doing very well for them.

As for the club if you choose not to join thats up to you, but don't knock the members the continue to support it. There are many other clubs that are not brand affiliated that you may be happy with, such as Good Sam or Escapees, they may be a better fit for you.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
Jim

I will not spend my money on the Gulfstream club any more. If you call that knocking the club you have a problem I don't. If I feel that the club is a bad investment that is my busness and my good reason for droping out. I belong to other clubs and get a good return on my investment and will stay with them, and I don't care what you do with your money.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #15
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I will not spend my money on the Gulfstream club any more. If you call that knocking the club you have a problem I don't. If I feel that the club is a bad investment that is my busness and my good reason for droping out. I belong to other clubs and get a good return on my investment and will stay with them, and I don't care what you do with your money.
Wow, you really need to chill out, I never said you had to spend money on anything, I just suggested a few other clubs you might be happy with. When you say the club is dying the manufacturer is dying blah blah blah I would say your knocking it. If you don't like our responses the maybe you shouldn't post.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
Jim

You are the one who needs to chill out, facts are facts, if you can't face the facts you are the one who needs to chill out.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #17
holmesaw

Default Re: Gulf Streamers Club

Just let it go Jim. You seem intent on having the last word here. We all know how you feel so just let it go.
Good Sam
Old 03-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
Jim

You may call it the last word I call it my reason for droping out of the club
When Bonny Cooper is now in towables is sounds like motor homes are dead. I also see it is not a good investment to spend money for a email news letter every 3 months. I just see no future in the club at this time and that is why I plan on droping out.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #19
Hugh G

I'm a new owner of a 2005 BT Cruiser 5290 and have joined the Club. I'm new to Rv'ing and haven't had it out of the driveway yet for a shakedown - we're looking forward to it but I've enjoyed trying to learn/correct things I've found wrong.

Folks talk about "investment." A RV and the associated costs are certaintly NOT to be considered an investment anymore than owning a boat! They don't appreciate in value. You purchase/use them for fun and that's it. You rarely ever recover the costs of ownership.

Also, it's important to allow companies to adjust to a down economy and hope for better company communications with time. Be patient and give surviving companies a chance to re-group and adjust. They will or be dead in the water.

Hugh
Hugh G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #20
Jim

The chapters are all that is left, and if you find a good chapter you like go for it, but the Gulfstreamer's club is not doing much in the last few years. If you like RV clubs there are many out there and you are not restricted to one brand of RV. Find what works for you.