Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-29-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
stevenbeam

Default 2006 Tour Master T40 Cable Slide Out Issue

My bedroom closet slide out has a broken/missing slide out cable. The technician working on it says that the entire slide out will need to come out in order to complete the repair. The repair time is estimated to be 20 hours.

I have seen some video's on cable slide outs and note that none of the problems similar to mine required a complete removal of the slide out. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? If so, how was it resolved?

Thanks,
Beamer
stevenbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:32 PM   #2
Chuck v

Never repaired my bedroom slide .. but you might want to look for manufacturer's adjustment procedures. The hydraulic slide is Power Gear (DeWald) and I think the gear driven one on the bed is too. Another possible company is Lippert so search on that as well... Good luck!

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
stevenbeam

Default 2006 Tour Master T40 Cable Slide Out Issue

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated!

Steve
stevenbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Never repaired my bedroom slide .. but you might want to look for manufacturer's adjustment procedures. The hydraulic slide is Power Gear (DeWald) and I think the gear driven one on the bed is too. Another possible company is Lippert so search on that as well... Good luck!

My coach has two hydraulic slide rooms and one that is gear driven. None of them are "cable" slide rooms. A friend has a Forest River coach and all of his slides are cable driven and very hard to get aligned properly. If the tech says he needs to remove the room I would take his word for it. He surely isn't doing it to be fun. I am pretty sure my gear driven slide room is a Lippert. The hydraulic units are DeWald. Dewald has been bought up by someone else.

Sudsy
Old 04-30-2018, 07:47 PM   #5
Chuck v

Sudsy,

Actually I mentioned the DeWald hydraulic mechanisms just above -- mine on the T40C Tour Master are further branded by Power Gear in the manuals I have. My T40C has the hydraulic main slide, a gear driven bed side slide and a cable driven slide on the vanity side.

Steve, what floor plan or model of Tour Master is your 2006 coach? I presume that by 'closet' slide you mean the bedroom side opposite the bed slide...as with the T40A, or T40B -- or is it a single slide in the bedroom like on the T40D or the shorter T36? Maybe a picture would help us understand what is not working correctly with your slide at present.

On my vanity slide that is cable driven, the trim panels above the slide near the ceiling expose the cable mechanism -- perhaps it can be 'restrung' that way...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote