Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
LabCab

Default Safety Question

Hi: New to the forum but we've had RV's before. WE Love our new SN 6362. Perfect layout for people with dogs. 3 Crates in the dining area perfect. One of the reasons we chose it. I've been following the forum for some time. A wealth of info. and yes GS doesn't seem to care to much about the customer. No one ever calls you back!

My problem / question......... On many of the GS A's I've seen, they have a great, long curley assist bar to help getting in and out. I'm not one of the "Flying Walindas" and I find it some wat intimadating exiting. (Those stairs on the International are pretty high).
Can I order a bar and is there any way to attach it to the wall either on the left (open area) or the right where the door on the TV consoul are.
Do they make a large frame on the door so it extends enough to get a screw bite into the wall? Will this work? Open for any suggestions.

I'm sure I'm not the first to wonder about doing something to help exit safely. Thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
michaelmangine

you can buy a pull bar or even a handicape bar at a home depoit or plumbing supply
michaelmangine is offline   Reply With Quote