Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
justlizz

Default Help and suggestions needed

I have spent the afternoon cleaning inside my 5er as darling daughter put some garden chairs in it But they were crawling with ants and after taking the sofa in the slide out to bits to hoover behind I have discovered there is a damp patch now I have checked the cupboards above the window and no sign of damp all I can find is the bottom corner so has anyone got any suggestions to where I can start to look for where is can be getting in I have looked and not seen any where that looks if it would leak any help would be gratefully received
lizz
Old 05-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
lockdoc

Hello Lizz-

Just got back from the long weekend and I see that nobody responded to you yet! Have you had any driving hard rains? I know that rubber seals can leak a bit if they are pushed by hard rain. Sometimes just a speck of gravel or such can cause this too and when you checked it out you may have dislodged whatever was causing it. I work with doors and seals a lot in my job and am just drawing on that experience.

Good luck with finding the issue.

Kevin
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
justlizz

Thanks Kevin but I think I have found the problem Dave lifted me up on our forklift and the seal on the top of the slide had been pushed back by some leaves so I think I have fixed it as it seems to be drying out and we had quite a bit of rain last night but I am going to a motorhome show on thursday and I will get dealer to have a look just to check.
Glad to hear you are getting out and about we have had very wet weather for the last 2 weeks but things are looking a lot better for the next few weeks.
lizz