Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-15-2016, 11:03 AM   #1
vanhaelj

Default Gulfstream trailers advice

My wife and I are considering purchasing a Gulfstream Streamlite 32tsi travel trailer. As always, I prefer to research something as much as I can before spending a lot of money on anything. However, I haven't been able to find any reviews or anecdotal information on the Gulfstream Streamlite trailers of similar floorplans and size. at all. I thought, perhaps members of this site could help me with any related info. Quality of construction, service, reliability compared to other makes in the same price range etc. Even what you tow your trailer with might help us. We thank you in advance for any replies we receive.
vanhaelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
atreis

Default Re: Gulfstream trailers advice

IMO GulfStream is a fairly typical low-cost trailer manufacturer. That is to say, quality CAN be quite good, or it can be bad. Most people end up with a decent unit, and most people end up having to fix a few minor things (either themselves or at the dealer, but really, you're better off doing it yourself if you can). E.g. Loose plumbing fittings. That kind of thing.

I got lucky. My unit was well made and had no major issues and a single minor issue - the 12V water pump was DOA (I still ended up doing a bunch of changes, but that's because I wanted to, not because there was anything else wrong.)

Pricing: Visit RV Wholesalers website and try to find a similar GulfStream unit and price it out. If you're like me and can't haggle for anything, there's a fair chance their price will be substantially lower. You can either buy from them, or use their price to help get your local dealer to go down.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:36 PM   #3
[email protected]

Default Re: Gulfstream trailers advice

We purchased a 2015 new leftover Innsbruck. We examined it pretty closely when we bought it; however, now we are getting it ready for traveling and am quite taken aback by some of the deficiencies. The nail holes were poorly filled and look like they were done by an amateur. The inside trim isn't even real wood, it is the cheapest fiber board available. Trim around the wheel wells is coming off (we've only hauled it home) and the steps in front of the bathroom door won't go down because it hits the trim. Might have gotten a pretty good deal on it, but am disappointed in the quality.
callhurd@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote