Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-18-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
RedBeard

Default 2011 Visa BHD bathroom vent cover?

If I am to understand correctly, the fan in the bathroom is a "Fan-tastic" brand fan. I am trying to replace the cover. I had to improvise a cheap one after the original one disintegrated. It doesn't fit. It seems to have (from what I can find) an Elixar hinge. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #2
RedBeard

Default Re: 2011 Visa BHD bathroom vent cover?

After misinformation from a dealer, I think the fan is a vortex. I have been to 4 different RV dealers with photos and none could help. I contacted Gulfstream They didn't even seem interested in helping. If some one on here has a Visa with the original vortex fan in the bathroom with the lid, would you please post a photo of the control arm that raises and lowers the lid and how it attaches and closes. Thank you for any help.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:55 AM   #3
sam75

I have a 2010 Visa 19ERD and replaced both vent covers recently. Both the unpowered one in the bedroom and the powered bath fan used the same vent lid. I don’t know what brand the original vents are, but the replacements II found at the RV store were labeled: Heng’s Industries Replacement Parts “Cover Hinge and Dome - Guide In” “Fits Heng’s, Ventline, and Elixer Universal Vents”, part no. 90112-C1 RP, smoke color (these are also avail in the original white, but I think we will appreciate the smoke color better when the heat of our So Calif summer arrives). These new lids look identical in every respect to the ones I removed, and the RV parts store had no difficulty deciding which vent cover I needed once they looked at the old one I brought in with me.
My hand cranks were also operating very stiffly, so I sprayed WD-40 into the mechanisms - they now work effortlessly. In fact the bedroom vent now opens TOO effortlessly (I should have tried just a tiny bit of WD-40 at first!), and it can open on its own during a gusty day. My solution to that was to add a little screw hook beside the crank handle, and then stretch a rubber band between the crank handle and the screw eye.
sam75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #4
RedBeard

Thank you for take your time and helping me out.