Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Redriverrebel

Default Slide out snubbers

I have a Gulfstream Independence with a single Super Slide. There are adjustable snubbers (my word) mounted on either side that make contact witht the slideout when it is deploying. One was lose so I tightened it up. It worked ok when I opened the slide, but broke off when I closed it. The snubbers are mounted on a bracket that is attached to the interior wall with three screws. I believe that I can remove and replace the snubber (assuming I can find a replacement part). I don't want to have the new part fail so I need some guidance on how to set the extension (i.e., amount of threaded post visible) of the new snubber. Any help would be appreaciated.
Redriverrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
RayChez1

I think I know what you are talking about. Fact I hate those things because when on real rough roads they squeek a lot. On mine they are about three inches long and it seems like they are made of some kind of resiliant material. I would give Gulf Stream a call and ask them where you might be able to get one of them guides. They will probably just give you the name of the vendor that sold it to them.
Good luck.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Redriverrebel

Default RV Slide Out Post

Thanks. I emailed Gulfstream and they fedex's me the part the next day. That is curious because the dealership that services my RV takes weeks to get right parts from them.
Redriverrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
RayChez1

I am glad that Gulf Stream stepped right up to help you with the part you needed.
Good luck putting it on. Might want to use screws where you can use a socket instead of a screw driver head. It would be almost impossible to screw in a screw with a screw driver, not much room.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote