Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Part for seat belt

I have a 2004 Sun Voyager and the plastic part that holds the seat belt up located near the floor has cracked and needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a supply for these or a number I can call.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
RJ82much

I think I may have the information you need. AMSafe ( http://www.amsafe.com/products/detail.p ... categories ) makes a product that appears to look very much like our part -and surprise, surprise, they are located in Elkhart! The link provides a phone number & names to talk with. The part number you seek could be #10020 or #1-1053-02 or some portion of the assemply.

LaVanture is supposedly a supplier of the seat belt, but I wouldn't worry about contacting them because they have the same or nearly the same address as AMSafe and may merely be a distributor.

I will go out & look at mine tomorrow to see if I'm on the right track.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
darbyjudy

Bob I looked at the site and I think you may be on the right trac. Let me know what you find out. If I can get them I will purchase a couple so I have one for a spare. The one that is broken is on the wifes seat and she uses the desk for her computer so she is in and out of the seat a lot of times. Her leg pushes down on this part and it finally just gave up.
Thanks you very much, this is the reason I love the forum.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
darbyjudy

Found the seat belt part at this web site
Wescoperformace.net
Old 10-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
RJ82much

I took a closer look at my seatbelt configuration. I'm thinking that the "plastic sleeve" is very likely a standardized piece made or distributed by many. Just to confirm, we are talking about the piece on the inside of either front seat that recieves the belt when you buckle up?

I noticed that mine had a crimp in the plastic just above the round button where the sleeve is bolted to a cross-rod under the seat. I can see where repeated outward flexing might cause the plastice to crack or tear.

What I don't know is this merely a sleeve with the webbing/attaching plate/receiver buckle inside or is it an entire assembly?

I still believe that the AMSafe source was most likely Gulf Stream's supplier. That said, I also believe the www.wescoperformance.com link will get you a correct replacement as well.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
darbyjudy

Bob I ordered a couple of them from Wesco, when they arrive I will let you know if they are the same. I am thinking that if at the attchment point it can be made to pipot downward when you are not using it, I think it would keep it out of the way and maybe save it from breaking again. I notice on my Vue it has the same type of sleeve only shorter and it pivots downward.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
RJ82much

Depending on the type bolt used, you should be able to rotate the sleeve to a position out of the way. The bolt seems to thread into the under-seat cross rod. Hardware that would allow for rotation would be called a shoulder bolt. If you don't have that type already, a trip to a good hardware store (maybe TSC - Tractor Supply Co) should yield results.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351