Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream Owners | Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-11-2024, 02:44 PM   #1
Allen

Default 1996 gulf stream senic cruiser stuck

Stuck at moms bought the 96 Gulfstream scenic cruiser right before Christmas and drove it to Mom's house and have been stuck here ever since what happened was when I got here I realized that one of my front levelers was halfway down and I didn't have the key to the keypad of the Bigfoot leveling system I never got it from the last owner so it was so generic and AutoZone had one that look exactly like it so I just switched out the whole key assembly to the keypad ever since then I haven't been able to start it I got my leveler up I turned on the big ft eveling system on and got my leveler up. When I went to move rv it wouldn't start. I tried turning on leveling system making sure the keypad said all leveler s were up and yes visually checked yes all up. As I was messing with keypad which on key there is accessory off air dump and start position my keypad is broke on face and chip that came off tells me what happens in start position so I'm not sure what's suppose to happen so I tried it my m.h engine started. I know something is not right! I took off wires behind the ignition on keypad one at time so not to cross anything up. I tried big ft tech about wire diagram to ignition of keypad to make sure they told me they don't know because it's the first key pad series they made still can't believe it it says bigfoot right on it if they don't know WT.F. HE TOLD ME BEST ADVICE IS TO BUY NEW SYSTEM. SO ANYWAYS SO I FIGURE THE LAST OWNER MIGHT HAVE BYPASSED THE SAFETY THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM STARTING WITH LEVELER DOWN. Because I DROVE IT 100 MILES STOPED COUPLE TIMES STARTED NO Problem WITH LEVELER HALF DOWN. I LOOKED COMING FROM BACK OF IGNITION KEY TO M.H. SOMEONE CUT A Wire I ASSUME STARTER WIRE ROUTED ONE Side TO BIG FT EVELING KEYPAD wire comes back from keypad to other side of wire they cut. I tried to just put that wire back together still no start to main engine I can't get it to start since it started the one time from big. Ft keypad and now I got no power no lights coming on on big ft keypad whether I have it hooked up to wires behind m.h. key or not and my cig lighter coming up stairs is out I have checked all fuses I know of under bed and in front compartment on driver's side in the battery control center.no blown fuses. There is a box in same compartment that is screwed shut I haven't checked in there. Can anyone tell me we're the fuses to things like leveling system,radio, heater on dash is?? Right now I turn m.h key on to start I get buzzing sound no start please any info helps I'm green to diesel pusher I have read through all owners manual I have all but one for leveling system tried online read ones available for new system. What should I try next I'm desperate to move it today got parking enforcement saying there going to tow tomorrow
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 02:47 PM   #2
Allen

Default 1996 gulf stream senic cruiser spartan chasey Cummins

Can I bump start the starter at the starter like you can on gas engine
Old 01-11-2024, 02:54 PM   #3
Allen

Oh man you guys are my only hope love this m.h. so far I got to move today PLEASE HELP
Old 01-11-2024, 06:38 PM   #4
Bike Dr

Just a quick thing when I purchased my coach years ago same as you it fired right up. I left and brought it home! Went to move it and nothing it ended up being lose connections at the main engine batteries! After cleaning all connections and terminals and lose wire ends ol girl fired right up, and have you tried using the power assist button to see if that makes any difference?

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 ATRIUM SE CAT
2017 20' Diamond closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini Cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 07:22 AM   #5
Allen

Default Finally some relief 😁

After weeks of loosing my mind trying figure out why no start .......... Drum roll starter is bad should have known right away when I tried to bump starter got nothing, but thank god I figured it out haven't put new one in yet but I'm confident it will start right up!! Can't wait!!
Old 01-21-2024, 11:04 AM   #6
Sundancer268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
After weeks of loosing my mind trying figure out why no start .......... Drum roll starter is bad should have known right away when I tried to bump starter got nothing, but thank god I figured it out haven't put new one in yet but I'm confident it will start right up!! Can't wait!!
If this has the Cummins 12 Valve, spend the money and get a genuine Delco Remy Starter. I put two of the cheap starters from Asia and they didn't last. Spent almost as much on the cheap junk as the genuine starter in the long run.
Air Force One Brake System
Sundancer268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 09:07 PM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Short story (limit of MY knowledge)= 1) IGN=ON should AUTO RETRACT LEVELERS, and 2) SHOULD ALARM IF NOT FULLY UP. 2a) READ INTERNET STORY WHERE a leveler embedded itself a foot deep in the asphalt on highway, and fortunate did not destroy/wreck rig, but piston had to be cut off by ERS to free the RV. 3) Extend Lockout = often a cube RELAY energized by IGN=ON Voltage, that opens contacts to prevent extending. 4) Slides do similar IGN=ON with CUBE RELAYS in the controls circuit for SLIDES to lock off for safety while traveling. Good Luck