Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
jld48

Default Where is the hot water heater

I am a new owner of a 2008 SuperNova and on my control panel where I switch on the hot water it shows that the pilot light is not working....where is the hot water heater ?? How do I relight the pilot ?
jld48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
LabCab

Default Re: Where is the hot water heater

What model do you have? On my 6362, the HWH is under the stove area. There is a panel plate which comes off with screws. (I actually replaced the panel with a door & hardware from GS so I have storage under there and quick access to the bypass valve and the HWH. I did the same with the panel on the left of the sink so I have imediate access to all of the piping and to the water filter I put in ~to change the filter~).

Your HWH is mot likely over in that sink / stove area. To get the HWH lit. 1) check propane 2) turn on the stove and light each burner to get the propane through the system. Push HWH switch and it should be good to go.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
jld48

Thxs I appreciate you suggestions re the panels
jld48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
LabCab

AGAIN IN THE 6362 the HWT (hot water heater) is under the strove when you REMOVE the panel.
If you have another model, I'm not sure. But there aren't too many options or places to hide that bad boy
it 'll be near the kitchen sink. And Yes it is hidden inside the panel. Thus my suggestions on replacing the panels with door for EASAY access. Good Luck!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
LabCab

SORRY. I Thought you still couldn't find the HWH. LOL. I was on the phone w/ GS last week trying to find out the maker of th Power seat Motor. They couldn't find any of the spec sheets on my Rigs Build. Apparently they are phasing out the Motor Homes and only doing Trailers no more RV's. So if anyone who reads this forum needs anything special from GS Parts Grab 'em while ya can. they are getting rid of everything if it's not gone already