Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream | Tech > Electrical
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2023, 08:17 PM   #1
BSDJoker

Default Kitchen outlets not working

Hello,

I have a 2021 Conquest 323TBR travel trailer that I purchased recently. Bought as the 2nd owner. First owner never actually used it, just had it in storage.

But I found out that the outlets in the kitchen area (1 GFI receptacle on the kitchen wall and 2 usb power outlets in the slide) do not function. The wall sconce light works in the slide, the outlet that the microwave is plugged into works. There are no blown fuses or tripped breakers.

Has anyone wise had this problem before? I didn't see anything when I did a search, but I might be using the wrong search keywords.

Anyone recommend a good place to start searching for the source of the problem? This is my first travel trailer, so I'm a little lost.

Thank you in advance.

Joker
BSDJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 02:56 PM   #2
RY469

Try replacing the GFCI outlet itself, they routinely fail and take out the outlets in their chain.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 04:11 PM   #3
BSDJoker

Oh, Ok. I didn't know they were all in series. That would Matthew a lot of sense though. I will try that and see what happens.
BSDJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 09:35 AM   #4
tmbrwlvs

I had a similar issue with some outlets not working in the kitchen area. The GFI in the kitchen area was working properly. My problem turned out to be the GFI outlet in the bathroom was bad. Somehow it was in line with the outlets not working in the kitchen.
tmbrwlvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 09:38 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

A GFCI will not Test/Reset if it does not have power, re: wiring/ tripped breaker, or defective, so power down, pull receptacle and inspect/ replace. If it has power to wire/screw, it is bad GFCI. Many/most RV receptacles are quick install type, wires push in, and often problem is wire pulled out.