Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-04-2020, 09:26 AM   #1
RoverJWL

Default Swinging door

Anyone have a solution for a swinging interior door? My bathroom door on the 2019 Vintage Cruiser, unless perfectly level, swings either open or closed - but always in the way Will a friction hinge work? and if so - which one?
Thanks,
RoverJWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #2
Sudsy

Some well placed Velcro strips would do it.

Sudsy
Old 01-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #3
Frutza

Remove the hinge pin, put a slight bend in it, lay it down on concrete then tap it in the middle with a hammer not a lot just a slight bend
Home made friction hinge
Old 01-05-2020, 03:36 PM   #4
UAHaerospace

we use our hall bath's door as a perfect indicator that we are 'level', not matter what the other typical indicators say, including the leveler panel, since the bath door gives me more of a reality of what's more comfortable for us. If you can open the bath door and it doesn't move much from where you left it, you are set.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:17 PM   #5
Flower

With our 2018 Vista cruiser we always keep the bathroom door shut when using the bathroom or when not using it. Our bathroom is across from the kitchen so we need to keep shut for room in the kitchen area.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
psheehan

Our bathroom door has a magnetic door stop which holds the door open. You can buy at your local hardware store typically.
psheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
RoverJWL

Lot of good ideas - thank you.
The hinges are non-mortising so the pin does not come out. I ended up removing one hinge and "crimping" the barrel with a hammer ;o) It needed a little more so I removed another hinge and repeated the process. Because it is a short traveltrailer, the door blocks the sink when open. I'll see how this solution works on the next trip out as I set up on several different locations. Again, thanks to all the replies.
RoverJWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:36 PM   #8
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverJWL View Post
Anyone have a solution for a swinging interior door? My bathroom door on the 2019 Vintage Cruiser, unless perfectly level, swings either open or closed - but always in the way Will a friction hinge work? and if so - which one?
Thanks,
What is a swinging door? I have two doors on the rear of the coach. One is a french door on the bedroom and a sliding door that goes into the divider wall. Not sure what a swinging door is. Is a swinging door a regular door on two or three hinges? If that is the case it is because the frame is on a twist position when you tried to level it. That is not good. You have to level a coach right or else the frame and structure is twisted and the door to the bedroom will not lock. That usually only happens with longer coaches.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:33 AM   #9
Dora's explorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverJWL View Post
Thanks,
Try realigning the striker plate and if it has warped away from the door, shim it.
Or use a hook and eye.
Dora's explorers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:26 PM   #10
muleman

You have something wrong bad because I have a 2017 vista cruiser and I can close my bathroom door and go down the road and it dosen't open something is out of whack.
muleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #11
jol

We used the magnetic stop from Lowes one part on door one on cabinet works great
jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:30 PM   #12
Gregory

Or magnets.
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, friction, hinge