Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
JIMNINA

Default Slide Out Alignment

I have a 2003 GS Yellowstone 38.5' DP and we have removed all of the carpet and replaced it with Lumber Liquidator vinyl planking, 'Stone Look'.
The question I have is it appears that the slide is dragging lower than it should be. The plastic slide plate, I'm going to say Teflon, is broken on the ends and the slide seems to catch on the carpet and it is bending the inner slide wall. I'm not sure that the slide will hit the new flooring since it is lower than the old carpet. Is there any information on replacing the slide plate, or adjusting the slide off the slide plate?
Thanks
jim
JIMNINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
tarheel

Default Re: Slide Out Alignment

I have a 2007 Tourmaster that had a problem with the plastic slide plate. The fasteners came loose and caused the plate to buckle. It sounded really bad when putting the slide out. I wasn't sure what was happening, but a local RV tech looked at it and determined how to fix it. He had to remove all of the wood facing on the inside of the slide and super extend it, meaning that the slide had to go out a little further than normal. Once he did that, it was an easy fix to fasten the plastic plate back to the floor. Fortunately, the slide plate wasn't broken and it only required reattaching it to the floor. I'm sure the same process would be used to replace it if broken.